If Rashad beats Nog and Machida beats Henderson does Rashad deserve a rematch?

Javery1313**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Keep reading articles where Rashad is gunning for a rematch in 2013 against Jones and Machida the only guys to beat him. If Rashad and Lyoto win their next fights who does Rashad deserve to fight? Machida? Maybe Gus? I want Machida to get his title shot after beating Hendo or I guess I could settle for Machida vs Gus. But is Rashad even deserving of a rematch with Lyoto if he beats Dan Henderson?

wouldn't mind watching shad get knocked out again, best part was hearing his girlfriend screaming in the background..
"RAAAAAASHAAAAAD!" lol

Rashad should fight gus if he wins next and machida or hendo get the shot

If Machida isn't given a titleshot then him vs Rashad would definitely be a fight to make.

I think Gustafsson is waiting for the Hendo vs Machida winner. Otherwise, i'd say yes.

Not really too interested in seeing a rematch but I think Rashad could for sure beat Machida in a rematch. In there first fight Rashad was still in the mind set that he was a professional boxer, in a rematch I think he would use his wrestling a lot more and possibly pull off a UD win.

i think evans beats machida, hendo and Gus. But he'll never beat Jones.

Gus needs to show what he has against a wrestler. Hendo's cardio is going and Evans is fast. Machida isn't the puzzle he once was.

Machida is just a better fighter than Rashad and would win again.

I would like to see a new fight at LHW...

If Hendo beats Machida he deserves (although no one truely "deserves") a title fight. It would be a good validation of Hendo's legacy if he gets the UFC belt, however I don't think he wins. He has a punchers chance, but I believe that JBJ is currently well within his prime and has possibly a 2-3 year stretch of being at the top.

It would be good to see JBJ vs Gus, but I would liek to see Gus beat a good wrestler before he gets a chance at JBJ. He is a good fighter, but I wouldn't like his boat to flame so early. If he loses a title fight where does he go?

Gus vs Rashad would be a good fight. The winner could get the shot after the Machida Hendo winner, and the losers could fight each other. However there is the inevitable backlog, esp as we're waiting for TUF 17.

Rashad Machida II would probably be a better fight than I, but I'm not sure if Rashad matches up well with Lyoto's style. I still think rashad is a perrenial 2-3ranked LHW since his Chuck win.

i think evans beats machida, hendo and Gus. But he'll never beat Jones.

Gus needs to show what he has against a wrestler. Hendo's cardio is going and Evans is fast. Machida isn't the puzzle he once was.

Machida destroyed him and he would destroy him again and again. Gus and Hendo would beat him up as well.

Keep reading articles where Rashad is gunning for a rematch in 2013 against Jones and Machida the only guys to beat him. If Rashad and Lyoto win their next fights who does Rashad deserve to fight? Machida? Maybe Gus? I want Machida to get his title shot after beating Hendo or I guess I could settle for Machida vs Gus. But is Rashad even deserving of a rematch with Lyoto if he beats Dan Henderson?

Gus vs Sonnen once he win the lhw belt .
Shad vs machida if they both win their fight .
Hendo vs sonnen once sonnen beat gus .
Shad vs jones once shad beat machida
Shad vs sonnen after .

wouldn't mind watching shad get knocked out again, best part was hearing his girlfriend screaming in the background..
"RAAAAAASHAAAAAD!" lol
Say what!!!? You can hear Rashad's girlfriend as he got KO'd by Lyoto? That is epic! Why have I never known this!! Haha

Rashad got dominated, and if beats Lil Nog, that will be a win over a guy outside the top 10. I don't see how beating Lil Nog earns him another shot after getting blown out the 1st time.

On another note, does anybody have a clue why Rashad seems to fight so infrequently? He lost to Jones early last year. If he had racked up another win in the fall, he would certainly be closer to another shot.

"RAAAAAASHAAAAAD!" lol

That type of stuff has always bothered me. I've seen lots of girlfriends and wives screaming and crying when their dude gets KOed or turned into a bloody mess. It just turns my stomach. I don't mind watching complete strangers beat each other half to death, but if one of them was somebody I cared about, I couldn't take it.

I just went to Wikipedia and counted how many times Rashad fought from 2008-2012. In the last 5 years, he's fought 8 times. It just occurred to me that he doesn't seem to fight very often, and I guess that confirms it. I'm not a big Rashad fan, but I would love to see the guy fight more. Do any of his fans know why this might be? I'm guessing injuries, but I haven't heard about him being injured often.

Back