If Rampage is motivated...no doubt he crushes Glover

What last event? Bader?! Because that doesn't even come close to comparing to those two fights. At all. Let's not even mention Rampage was injured and is now healthy.

Glover has beaten up Kyle Kingsbury and Fabio Maldonado.

First...Kyles best win is against Fabio, and it's not even close.

Fabio's best win is James McSweeney

Both of them were coming off of losses.

Both of them are in a 3 fight losing streak.

I can almost hear Joe Rogan now "GLOVER TEXIERA IS FOR REAL!!!"

Sorry, should have been more clear, UFC on FX 5: The Night Dreams Died.

Rampage couldn't put away an about to retire Hammill. He's getting older, knows he's leaving the UFC, etc. Glover needs this fight to catapult himself into the top ten and build his hype train to a title beating from Jones. Jackson's seen the top of the mountain and he's making his way down the slope.

It would be foolish to count him out completely as it would have been to count out BJ or Shogun, but there's a reason Rampage is the underdog.

Sorry, should have been more clear, UFC on FX 5: The Night Dreams Died.

Rampage couldn't put away an about to retire Hammill. He's getting older, knows he's leaving the UFC, etc. Glover needs this fight to catapult himself into the top ten and build his hype train to a title beating from Jones. Jackson's seen the top of the mountain and he's making his way down the slope.

It would be foolish to count him out completely as it would have been to count out BJ or Shogun, but there's a reason Rampage is the underdog.

Here's the thing though...BEFORE the Rampage fight...Hamill was not about to retire. In fact he was talking about getting this win, and launching himself up the ladder, title shots, things of that nature. AFTER the fight...he was talking about retiring. Again, before the fight only Rich had finished Hamill and that was with a body blow, not a knockout.

You can say what you want about Glover needing this fight and what not, and your right. However, it's also foolish to think that fans who believe Rampage will win are just "thinking with their hearts". Glover needs this, but has done nothing but beat up two guys who you couldn't even consider gate keepers and got wobbled once for his troubles.

Motivated, healthy and in shape Rampage with that look in his eye beats Glover.

Rampage is gonna get whomped on.

Its still real to you dammit isnt it TS?

Rampage is going to get destroyed.

Here's the thing though...BEFORE the Rampage fight...Hamill was not about to retire. In fact he was talking about getting this win, and launching himself up the ladder, title shots, things of that nature. AFTER the fight...he was talking about retiring. Again, before the fight only Rich had finished Hamill and that was with a body blow, not a knockout.

You can say what you want about Glover needing this fight and what not, and your right. However, it's also foolish to think that fans who believe Rampage will win are just "thinking with their hearts". Glover needs this, but has done nothing but beat up two guys who you couldn't even consider gate keepers and got wobbled once for his troubles.

Of course Hamill was saying those things, that's his job. You can't go into a fight talking about how your heart isn't in it anymore and what you're really feeling. There was an article the other day about the "best camp ever" cliche and about how redonkulous it would be for a fighter to tell the truth about their camps and mind set going into a fight. Three months elapsed from the Jackson fight to his retirement; I guarantee you he'd was thinking of retiring and made said decision in less than three months.

You're completely right that Glover has not yet achieved greatness so far and a Rampage win would not be a shocker. But watching Glover work and watching Rampage the last few years, I can't let what I see go unaccounted for. I'm not faulting you for rooting for your guy, I just think you're in for disappointment.

"If Rampage is motivated"

Except he isn't. Rampage is just the same as BJ Penn and Shogun. A guy from a different time, living off his name.

He layed and egg against JBJ and has never been the same. He's slow, old and out of shape. He lost to Ryan Bader for god's sake. A guy who gambled against Machida, the only guy you just can't gamble against, and who also got guillontined by the ghost of Tito Ortiz.

That's the guy who last beat Rampage.

Make no mistake. We're not getting the Quinton that beat Chuck, because that was 5 years ago. He's 5-3 since that, which is a very subpar record, specially if you consider the dubious Machida fight.

Glover, on the other hand, has been on a tear. 17 straight wins. Sure, he's not "proven" in the UFC yet, but let's just say Kingsbu and Fabio Maldonado are no underdogs to Ryan Bader, the guy who beat Rampage.

Sorry, but if you're taking Quinton, you're in for a bad time on this one. He's slow and merely a brawler these days, while Glover has sharp stand-up and killer BJJ, to go along with the most important part of it all: actual motivation to move up in the rankings.

Quinton lost his will a while ago, and the JBJ fight took his soul.

I kinda agree with ya but Bader would be a moderate favorite against those two. He has an easy path to victory by LnP. Kingsbury got LnPed by Bonnar ffs. Bader has great wrestling. Not top 8 great but top 10ish great.

Rampage is old. He's wealthy. He's famous in Asia and stateside.

Can't imagine him having the training camp of his life at this point; he doesn't have the hunger.

Pretty much this. Rampage has already achieved the pinnacle of success as an MMA fighter. He hasn't looked like he really wanted it in a very long time, and he's pretty much been sleepwalking through his fights on his talent. Which is a shame. I always thought Rampage could have been an ATG if he trained and fought a little smarter, a little harder.

Will he lose to Glover? Probably. And I'm a Rampage fan.

Of course Hamill was saying those things, that's his job. You can't go into a fight talking about how your heart isn't in it anymore and what you're really feeling. There was an article the other day about the "best camp ever" cliche and about how redonkulous it would be for a fighter to tell the truth about their camps and mind set going into a fight. Three months elapsed from the Jackson fight to his retirement; I guarantee you he'd was thinking of retiring and made said decision in less than three months.

You're completely right that Glover has not yet achieved greatness so far and a Rampage win would not be a shocker. But watching Glover work and watching Rampage the last few years, I can't let what I see go unaccounted for. I'm not faulting you for rooting for your guy, I just think you're in for disappointment.

I just cant agree with the Hamill thing. He got destroyed by Jackson, then destroyed by Alex and THEN retired if i'm remembering the chronoligical order correctly. The Rampage fight was his big chance. He was a top 10 guy now and needed to prove he could hang with the big dogs. Got smacked around twice and quit. Everyone tries to shit on every victory he's had since he lost the belt. They use the "Oh go make movies" argument. Which is dumb. Plenty fighters, popular guys too, have been in way more shitty B movies than Rampage. He said Japanese fans were better and that he was in it for the money and these fans just ran with that. Acted all butt hurt about it and use flash words like "Motivation" "Movies" "Retirement" to make their point.

I can't argue any facts in the second paragraph. That part is obviously opinion based on both of our parts lol.

Back