If Rampage is motivated...no doubt he crushes Glover

Bargey

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The way people are talking as if Glover is the favorite just is bewildering.

Rampage hits harder, is more technical, has a way better chin and has had no trouble defending against far better grapplers than Glover.

But most of all he owned Glover's idol and mentor twice; the guy who constantly used to beat Glover up and make him cry.

The only way Glover wins is if Rampage turns up like he did in the Bader fight.

I love Rampage but if he just plods forward winging hooks like he has for years than he is not guaranteed to win.

Well, Glover is untested against top-competition (no disrespect to Kinsgbury and Maldonado). It would be fun if they would keep the fight standing, but I have a feeling Glover will take the fight to the ground. After the Rampage fight we will know if Glover can be a serious contender or if he's just a entertaining top 8-15 fighter.

Him owning Chuck might just even add more motivation to Texeira. Rampage's boxing sucks now, Texiera will steam him on the feet.

I am actually taking Rampage in this fight.

Decent takedown defence and he has the power to KO horses...

I was just thinking about this fight. I think Glover is a very talented fighter and will be a big name but I don't see him beating rampage on the feet. During the brutal beatdown in Glovers last fight he was hit on the chin by Maldonado and it stunned him and he was wobbled for a moment. If he can be in complete control of the situation and get clipped and wobbled I just can't see him trading with Rampage for very long who has excellent defense and boxing.

Unless he goes to the legs which I expect sooner or later Rampage will land his hook and drop him.

The only way Glover wins is if Rampage turns up like he did in the Bader fight.

I think most people are counting on this. I'm interested in seeing if this Glover Texiera hype train is all hype. This fight should definitely do a good job of proving it one way or another.

I agree. Rampage in the shape he was in against Jones will win. Rampage in the shape he was in against Bader will lose.

Rampage hasn't knocked out anyone since 2008. Don't know why Rampage has come back to the UK to train for this bout, makes no sense.

Rampage looks so slow nowadays, he lost 4 of his last 5 in my book and like you said TS his motivation is questionable.

There is a good reason Glover is the favorite.

Rampage hasn't knocked out anyone since 2008. Don't know why Rampage has come back to the UK to train for this bout, makes no sense.

Exactly. As I already stated I am a massive Rampage fan dating back to 04 but with that being said he never displays his technical boxing, wrestling or even tremendous punching power anymore.

The fact is that he plods forward winging wild punches in search of that big shot. Rampage would be 5x the fighter if he displayed and utilized his full arsenal.

rampage hasnt have a single convincing win since Wanderlei...

He got worked by Jardine and won the fight in the last 10 secs of it
Lost to Evans
Horrible fight with machida, which many people think he lost, including him.
Horrible fight with Hamill
Lost to jones
Lost to Bader

Hasnt KO anyone in almost 5 years!!!

I think those reasons are good enough for him to come as the underdog in this fight...

Rampage has lost me as a fan. He no longer has that drive he had back in Pride and in his early UFC fights. He hasn't had an exciting fight since he knocked out Wand and his bitching is getting really old.

"If Rampage is motivated"

Except he isn't. Rampage is just the same as BJ Penn and Shogun. A guy from a different time, living off his name.

He layed and egg against JBJ and has never been the same. He's slow, old and out of shape. He lost to Ryan Bader for god's sake. A guy who gambled against Machida, the only guy you just can't gamble against, and who also got guillontined by the ghost of Tito Ortiz.

That's the guy who last beat Rampage.

Make no mistake. We're not getting the Quinton that beat Chuck, because that was 5 years ago. He's 5-3 since that, which is a very subpar record, specially if you consider the dubious Machida fight.

Glover, on the other hand, has been on a tear. 17 straight wins. Sure, he's not "proven" in the UFC yet, but let's just say Kingsbu and Fabio Maldonado are no underdogs to Ryan Bader, the guy who beat Rampage.

Sorry, but if you're taking Quinton, you're in for a bad time on this one. He's slow and merely a brawler these days, while Glover has sharp stand-up and killer BJJ, to go along with the most important part of it all: actual motivation to move up in the rankings.

Quinton lost his will a while ago, and the JBJ fight took his soul.

My only hope as a Rampage fan is that this is his last fight on his UFC contract. He needs a win for leverage. If he wants to leave, he surely can't go out 0-3. What promotion wants that?!

The term "motivated" can only work for BJ Penn. Thread title is N/A :cool:

My only hope as a Rampage fan is that this is his last fight on his UFC contract. If he wants to leave, he surely can't go out 0-3. What promotion wants that?!

I have a feeling, Rampage will continue to fight. Maybe for Bellator, or WSOF, or maybe even in Japan if Glory buys DREAM.

if Glover trades in punching range, that would be very silly indeed. if he can keep it a bit further spaced, he'll chop Rampage up imo. he's a tad predictable for an elite fighter these days.

Back