If PRIDE was around..

GiTailor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Do you think PRIDE would allow Rhonda Rousey fight male combatants if they were still around?

tumblr_m1en03r6Yd1qdfrjvo1_250.gif

I think she should have a match at metamoris with a male grappler. Having an actual MMA fight with a man vs woman is just asking for trouble even Pride wouldn't go there..

Imagine Cro Cop vs Ronda. It would like watching Genghis Khan decapitate a child.

It's possible lol. Knowing them, she probably could've fought anyone from Takada to Sapp. Like Brian Stann once joked, they probably would've brought a tiger in there like they did in Rome.

Sure they were a major company, but I don't think a promotion aided by the yakuza would pass on the most profitable fight in MMA history.

High risk high reward. Of course it would rake in money but what if ronda died or became a paraplegic because of it. I could see it going through if it was some random drunk guy they found behind the arena that weighed 100 lbs.

Definitely.

As Seanbaby from Cracked said: Japan has a childlike fascination with strange match-ups. If two things are stupidly different, Japan will put them in a cage and see what happens. All their fight cards have at least one match between a giant fat guy and something that looks like it should be making Christmas toys. If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That's right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda.

And no, they wouldn't bother trying to find a fighter close to her weight. It's Bob Sapp or Hong Man Choi time.

Hell No!!! I wouldn't even wanna see it. Pride! You got fuckin' stomps, soccer kicks and head spiking legal. Someone would die dude, and I never wanna see man and woman competing in combat so, naw.

My god! Psycho Axe Murderer Silva vs. Rousey! I know about weight dudes, but did Pride ever give a fuck about weight? Yeah!....

Back