If PED use were moderated to a safe level....

If you use PEDs under the supervision of a doctor its actually incredibly safe.

And in fact, most steroid use in the world is for medical reasons and is prescribed because its helpful.

The problem is some athletes will go beyond their doctor's dosages to get an advantage over the ones sticking to prescribed dosages.

Why not?

Fighters are already doing and paying for it out of their own pockets. They already have medicals and testing all year round anyway as well.

Because look at all the cheaters we have, now, when PED's are not legal.

You think this number is going to go down and we will have less people abusing the system and looking for ways to exploit it, once PEDs are made "legal"?

Fck cheaters and those who advocate for cheating.

If PED's were better regulated and administered by doctors, would you still be opposed?

I mean, some peds are good for recovery so guys can train harder and longer and rest less. If everyone was dosing at a safe level, would you still be opposed?

I'm thinking of mostly older fighters who naturally lose muscle mass and bone density. If their levels are equal to everyone else's, is that wrong? Is it even possible to safely administer PED's?

Honest questions. I'm on the fence.
They tried that with TRT. Certain fighters abused it.

Because look at all the cheaters we have, now, when PED's are not legal.

You think this number is going to go down and we will have less people abusing the system and looking for ways to exploit it, once PEDs are made "legal"?

Fck cheaters and those who advocate for cheating.
I dont think you understand what "supervised" means...

Fighters would have to stay within a threshold. Nobody would "over cheat" if thats what you mean, otherwise they would be forced to move up due to the weight gain or it would be detrimental. Too much muscle isnt always better in fighting, etc...

Nope. But I don’t think that’s the problem, not matter what is allowed or what the rule is regarding it there are still gonna be people who abuse the rule and even more who outright ignore it and break it.

So we legalize it, "level the field" and then we have "fighters who use the same thing" instead of "clean fighters".
What did we get by everyone taking it?
Genetic factor how each fighter reacts to those PEDs? I don't get it? Why do it at all then? o_O

The only thing I can see that's a "plus" is that we might get to see more explosive fights.
Meh, it's not like clean fights aren't interesting, so that "argument" is...bleak?
Less injuries during camp for one

This has nothing to do with safety or taking the drug the correct way. I am sure they know how to administer it properly.

Even with a doctor, its still cheating.

If PED's were better regulated and administered by doctors, would you still be opposed?

I mean, some peds are good for recovery so guys can train harder and longer and rest less. If everyone was dosing at a safe level, would you still be opposed?

I'm thinking of mostly older fighters who naturally lose muscle mass and bone density. If their levels are equal to everyone else's, is that wrong? Is it even possible to safely administer PED's?

you should read the history books on this. that's been tried before. and there were still a lot of guys trying to cheat the moderated regulated stuff.
plus, younger guys' bodies will be much more receptive to the effects of PEDs on a general basis, due to their age, so it wouldn't be a level playing field even if you gave it to the older guys as well.

Honestly not opposed to PEDs in a general sense as long as they can be safely provided/administered.

The problem is when some ppl are using (against the rules) while others might not be. Either everyone has to be allowed to use or nobody can use and I'm cool either way, but none of this picogram bs stuff which is why I wont put someone who pops on a GOAT list (even if others are 'theoretically' using)

PED's are part of all sports and will stay that way, USADA or no USADA. Doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on or if you sit on top of the fence. They are here to stay.

My only problem with ped’s is that they’re against the rules so that certain fighters have advantages over others. If ped’s are legalized and all fighters can take them that’s even better.

TRT era was legit.

Until Vitor became a God.

HiddenJollyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

Shrines should be build in this mans honor

This has to be the only sport that a lot fans clamour for PED's.
Other sports are smart. They barely do any drug testing on their players, and when they do the players know well in advance when those tests will be and for what. Players unions got drug testing on lock down. It's one of the best reasons why players unions exist, aside from pay.

Great idea! And if someone pops for too much PEDs, just suspend his doctor!
<WellThere>

So we legalize it, "level the field" and then we have "fighters who use the same thing" instead of "clean fighters".
What did we get by everyone taking it?
Genetic factor how each fighter reacts to those PEDs? I don't get it? Why do it at all then? o_O

The only thing I can see that's a "plus" is that we might get to see more explosive fights.
Meh, it's not like clean fights aren't interesting, so that "argument" is...bleak?

Because each fighter will have more fitness, easier weight cuts, less injuries, more endurance, more training recovery allowing more focus on new techniques.

The benefit goes to us fans basically.

Back