If Paulo Costa loses to Israel, should he move up to fight Jones?

What makes you think if he can't beat Izzy he has a shot against Jon?

We don't need another blown up middle weight fighting teh goat LHW.

I've always been against the push from fans wanting Jones to move to HW.

But I sincerely believe he's do better against Stipe than DC did (second time).

Jones has time and time again proven to be extremely hittable vs guys his height.

Out of those taller fighters ... Stipe would be the most dangerous skill/power combination striker he has ever faced.

Out of those taller fighters ... stipe would be the best wrestler Jones ever faced at his height.

Jones would get KO'd vs Stipe.

There is a reason Jones never wants go to HW. He knows his style is all about distance and leverage vs shorter guys.

Last edited:
hes not going to lose. adesayna after he gets wrecked by the natty goat will move up to fight jones. They will do the fight in an empty arena with 10 punches/kicks thrown the entire 5 rounds. Jones will eek out another decision win after which he will be caught doing blow off a strippers ass while driving drunk with a firearm. He will get another 3 days of ankle bracelet and 3 week suspension by UFC.

LHW is much deeper than MW. Costa would likely have a shot at MW after another win or two and he'll probably get those wins.
So much wrong here, LHW is shallower than a virgins vagina because JJ has cleared it out consistently for years. MW is still pretty fucking stacked with murderers in my book.
What do you mean, “Costa would likely have a shot at MW after another win or two...”
Costa is fighting for the MW belt next fight bud.
Unless you mean in the event he lost, if that’s what you meant you should phrase it differently.
Regardless a loss to Izzy (who isn’t nearly as well rounded or big as JJ) wouldn’t lead me to believe he’d have a snowballs chance in hell of beating the GOAT.

He should fight Jon to see who gets fed to Reyes the one that bummed Jones.

If he can’t get by Izzy, the fuck is he gonna do against Jones.

He’d get bullied in light heavyweight by the likes of guys like Thiago Santos and others.
Wow I just imagined a scrap between Santos and Costa, that would be a killer fight, some brutal Brazilian on Brazilian crime.

<{JustBleed}>

Yet another MW this one would be favoured over Jones based on the santos fight sample

Apparently the LHW division needs more contenders for Jones.
If Paulo loses to Isreal, should he move up to LHW?

His path to the title shot would be a short one since the UFC was so quick to push Reyes and Santos to a title shot.

What do you think?
On the contrary Paulo is a nightmare matchup for Izzy

He can move up to try to win some at LHW to get to fight Jones.

giphy.gif
No one can stop Jon Jones EVER

Wow I just imagined a scrap between Santos and Costa, that would be a killer fight, some brutal Brazilian on Brazilian crime.

<{JustBleed}>
That fight will be ridiculous but Unfortunately they are not in the same division

Romero could've beaten Israel easily. He chose to not fight.

Israel chose not to engage after one shot. Costa's a bull who despises the guy and happily ate hard shots from Romero. Israel has pillow hands in comparison. Given the fact that Costa will be an underdog, it's a money making opportunity.

Jon's chin and defense are second to none. Reyes is a big LHW, and his size was the biggest factor in his td defense. Costa would get wrestle fucked.

Well... I think a few guys at HW would give Jones problems. Mainly Ngannou and Blaydes.
Ngannou will be an easy fight for Jon because he will take him down several time Like Stipe did and then Francis will gassed out For Blaydes i give him 50/50 chance Because both of them are great Wrestlers

Ngannou will be an easy fight for Jon because he will take him down several time Like Stipe did and then Francis will gassed out For Blaydes i give him 50/50 chance Because both of them are great Wrestlers

Reyes was able to stuff Jones takedowns using pure strength. Ngannou (when not gassed) has extremely good takedown defense. I think there's a chance Ngannou could sleep him in the first round. Especially since Ngannou and Jones pretty much have the same reach.

Jones has time and time again proven to be extremely hittable vs guys his height.

Out of those taller fighters ... Stipe would be the most dangerous skill/power combination striker he has ever faced.

Out of those taller fighters ... stipe would be the best wrestler Jones ever faced that his height.

Jones would get KO'd vs Stipe.

There is a reason Jones never wants go to HW. He knows his style is all about distance and leverage vs shorter guys.
Even Blaydes is a great wrestler too and he usually depend on ground and pound style

Back