If Pat Healy loses to Tibau, he'll own the worst UFC record ever

Hes the clear example of how matchups make fights. He destroyed Jim Miller who is ranked top 10 but gets dominated by fights outside the top 10
Dafuq???
The gap between 7-8 and 11-15 isn't so much about talent....its more about exposure(green is legit as hell and easy top10 talent// masdival's "loss" to rustam wasn't exactly a drubbing and could have easily been scored in his favor)

At no point were either close to finishing him

I cant believe he tested positive for marijuana vs Jim Miller, He probably regrets that so much.

He did an interview for FIGHT mag. After all that.....yeah that shit sucked for him he was supposed to invest in a UFC gym(where his brother was asst mngr/becoming GM) with his brother and sister in law....that bonus monies would have covered the rest of their investments

Leonard Garcia was on what should have been a 12 fight losing streak (losing 6 in the UFC if you count the robbery over Nam Phan) before Zuffa canned him.

Dude lost out on a total of 135,000(win bonus/sotn/fotn) in one phone call and the hit fucked him up...but unlike most he took it like a man....quote from original interview"I didn't want to be one of those guys who lied about it and said it was secondhand smoke or anything like that. I wanted to address the issue right awa because I didn't want people to think I used PEDs-thats very important to me- so I guess I just had to man up"

I'm not some big healy fan but dudes alright .....and he was 9-1 @ lw before the skid

Lotta other fighters have hit rough patchs(brown was first one I thought of)

Hope he gets the w

Wanderlei is 3-2 in his last 5 with wins over Top 10 Bisping, Stann, and a respectable win over Leben.

Even though he is far passed his prime Wanderlei has been doing decent

He got ktfo in 27 seconds against leben....

I think you mean Cung Le?

Funny how he beats up 3 guys who are much better fighters than Leben yet gets KO'd by him in 27 seconds. Just goes to show you anything really can happen if you don't respect your opponent.

But yes, Wanderlei's been doing well lately despite what Chael (who's record is much worse lately for that matter) will make you believe.

Wand hasn't won back to back fights in 8 years.

Chael wasn't far off.

I understand what ya mean.....healys actually really fucking goodall those wins were at ww
He started lw 6-1 and had a title shot(sf) aginst melendez lined up
He also KO'd jim miller
Beat rory markem(who was a pretty fckin good fighter back n the day)
And lost a SD against lytle at ww

Every opp he's had this ufc run had been a straight up killer(khabib/miller/green former kotc champ/masdival former SF title challenger who went 5 with gilbert)

Nope.

Yeah, Healy's had some terrible luck. That Miller NC was brutal and it started a downward spiral. He really needs an 'easier' fight, but looks like Tibau is as good as it gets. Not looking good for Healy. His 2nd UFC run has been against nothing but monsters

Tibau fight kinda sucks.

I would have rather seen him fight Barboza. Would he a better clash of styles

leben.gif

Someone had to do it.

I swear I felt in my bones Leben was gonna win that fight... everyone was so shocked... I knew Wand would hit him and Leben wouldn't go down and he'd land a counter. Was so set in my mind stylistically.
/shameless rant

Back