If Palhares Subs Mike Pierce, Is The Hype Train Back In Full Swing?

Oh you know it! Choo choo son, choo choo.

Are Shamrock and Palhares the same person? Palhares has held onto subs a little too long, but I don't think he's ever caused permenant damage to anyone's knee.

whats with the dumb questions? i was showing an example on why people hate that kind of mentality. ive put people in submissions before.....i know what its like. you can be a dick and fuck up someones shit or hold it til they tap. but hey different strokes for different folks. hope he gets ko'd. that lombard fight was spectacular.....i got it on my ipod.

Mike Piece and Rousimar Palhares will never be champs or even contenders

Pierce is the most underrated fighter in the UFC in terms of his record.. But it's likely that he and Tibau are on the same trajectory as Fitch, Okami, and Nunes in terms of boring fighters who win decisions.. And are cut immediately after being steamrolled or finished

The guy should have wins over Koscheck and Hendricks, it'd be a huge win.

It would be a huge win, but don't count on it. Its not going to happen. Palhares gets sent packing to Bellator.

They are polar opposites in recognition. Pierce is probably the most under the radar guy in the UFC and Palhares is probably the most recognizable low ranked guy in the UFC.

That's a big if. If Palhares does manage to finish Pierce, and look dominant the whole time doing so, he'll legitimately earn some hype at WW. Granted the legitimate hype is going to overshadowed by the bandwagoners and BJJ try-hards, but Pierce is a tough win for anyone.

I don't think anyone has a 'convincing' win over him in the UFC.

Other side of the coin is: what happens to Pierce if he dominates Palhares en route to another stoppage? Can't imagine a lot of guys wanting to fight him. If DHK manages to get by Erik Silva, that would make a great fight.

Are Shamrock and Palhares the same person? Palhares has held onto subs a little too long, but I don't think he's ever caused permenant damage to anyone's knee.

The Tomasz Drwal fight really put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to all things Palhares.

The Miller thing was just hilarious though.

Palhares fucked up Tomasz Drwal's leg. I pretty sure he badly injured a guy in BJJ competition too. Basically nothing is going to restart the guys hype train because people realize now he is mentally incapable of keeping his shit together long enough string wins together.

According to popular trend, Pierce will likely be cut if he loses.

Hell yeah. I never got off the train. I'll be driving it with a win!

If he finishes pierce people will say he is ready for Cain Velasquez

I think Pierce will deny him a W.

I really think you need guys like Mike Pierce. He will never contend but he is a great measuring stick of where a fighter is.

I hope Pierce beats this monky-mofo up and act like.
daily-wtf-008-09282013.gif

If they cut pierce for dropping one to Palhares after going 4-0 then that's really going to put wrasslers on notice.

This would be unbelievably sad.

Two straight out Key Ous among those wins as well.

How exactly? He's gotten big name fights, he's just lost them.

In fairness, those were really, really close fights. And you could argue that the Koscheck and Hendricks fights could have gone either way (Personally I had him beating Koscheck and losing to Hendricks). Pierce is very legit.

Back