If Palhares Subs Mike Pierce, Is The Hype Train Back In Full Swing?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mike Piece is the heavy favorite, at least among sherdog to beat Rousimar Palhares into the unemployment line. But if Rousimar Palhares comes out and handles Mike Pierce convincingly, do you think his new WW hypetrain would be back? Or would people discredit the win and/or downplay what it means to beat Mike Pierce?

In my opinion, if Palhares can beat Mike Pierce, it speaks volumes on his change in camps and weight cut. If he can beat Mike Pierce I wouldn't be surprised if he got near a top 10 fight.

Thoughts?

Mike Pierce is definitely a superlegit win. This guy isn't an easy fight for anyone and is unfairly being held back by the UFC.

Mike Pierce is definitely a superlegit win. This guy isn't an easy fight for anyone and is unfairly being held back by the UFC.

How exactly? He's gotten big name fights, he's just lost them.

Palhares is not a hype,he just needs some adjustments in his game,then sky is the limit for him especially with a successful weight cut for the WW,and no doubt he will submit Pierce

Yes. Pierce is the real deal and very underbooked when it comes to matchmaking (in relation to his skill level). I expect him to KO Palhares though.

For sure. He's going to be the one who's gonna upset GSP. Especially if he wins showing brute strength.

Hoping Paul takes another leg home.

If he dominates and finishes Pierce color me impressed that dude is a handful.

Hoping Paul takes another leg home.

This. Except might not be the best idea to give up bottom to pierce... ur gonna be stuck until the bell rings. I bet paul harris can out strike him though

And Fitch.

Exactly. So you think he's not getting held back when he's followed up with 4 straight wins and gets handed Palhares? A guy making a job saving weight cut and potentially cut with a loss?

This. Except might not be the best idea to give up bottom to pierce... ur gonna be stuck until the bell rings. I bet paul harris can out strike him though

Do you? His striking is mediocre at best. The guy has very little to offer anyone standing. Pierce held his own with Hendricks and Koscheck, and has real 1-punch KO power when he uncorks it, as Aaron Simpson and David Michell found out.

No way Paul out strikes him. He has the power to hurt him (Pierce has a great chin though) but Pierce has held his own striking with everyone he's faced thus far.

Exactly. So you think he's not getting held back when he's followed up with 4 straight wins and gets handed Palhares? A guy making a job saving weight cut and potentially cut with a loss?

Quite honestly I think the UFC is looking at an excuse to get rid of one of them.

How exactly? He's gotten big name fights, he's just lost them.

Because he was robbed against Koscheck and his fight against Hendricks was exceedingly close, as well. He also was the only fighter to clearly win a round in his fight against Fitch. Jon scraped out the first two rounds, then Pierce almost stopped him in the third. Pierce is as underrated as it gets in MMA. No one cares for him because of his style.

Quite honestly I think the UFC is looking at an excuse to get rid of one of them.

If they cut pierce for dropping one to Palhares after going 4-0 then that's really going to put wrasslers on notice.

It would take an act of God for Palhares to get his hype train back on the rails.

He would need to win, convincingly, by something other than heel hook. Standing KO, TKO, whatever. He'd also need to weather a storm of a near TKO to shut people up about his "questionable heart" and what not.

Also, not doing something crazy during the fight would help.

So if he does all of that, yeah, I can imagine him working up more hype.

its kinda difficult to just restart a train that is almost guaranteed to run out of steam as soon as its punched in the face :icon_neut

Nope.....Paul Harris is not mentally all there. He will never get all the way to the top.....

Back