If Palhares Goes to Bellator?

uvs3_02_palhares_vs_branch_006-700x357.jpg

Now that Rousimar Palhares is a free agent, his top two options are Bellator & WSOF. Bellator is probably the more lucrative option and one that I think is the most likely to sign him.

QUICK QUESTION:
If Palhares signs with Bellator, do you think he could take the title?

LONG ANALYSIS:
Palhares went 8-4 in the UFC, with wins over some good names like Mike Pierce, Dan Miller, David Branch and Jeremy Horn. His losses were to respectable opposition in Hector Lombard, Alan Belcher, Nate Marquardt and Dan Henderson.

However, his career until late was spent at Light Heavyweight & Middleweight where he was fairly mediocre, but in his welterweight debut he quickly dispatched of top-15 WW Mike Pierce.

If he were to enter the next Bellator Welterweight tournament I think his chances of winning it would be quite likely, hell, he may even have what it takes the not only snatch a few legs, but a belt as well. Askren is a free-agent but if he were to stay in Bellator and fight Palhares I honestly think Palhares would prove to be a bad stylistic match-up for him. Neither man is really known for their stand-up but Askren would be wise to keep it there, at least for the first few rounds until Palhares gasses. If at any point it hit the canvas, Askren would have the positional advantage but he'd have to be incredibly weary of Palhares locking up a leg.

I think he'd have a good chance at a title in either MW or WW in Bellator. And I'd love to see Askren in a Paul Harris heel hook.

I wanna see him in Bellator. Actually I prefer him in Bellator over UFC.

I wanna see him in Bellator. Actually I prefer him in Bellator over UFC.
Well it seems Bellator doesn't want. Which is pretty consistent with most of the UFC guys signed by Bellator. They have passed on almost every high ranked fighter cut by the UFC.

They said they don't want him, we'll see. I'm ashamed to say I'm a big Palhares fan, I'll watch wherever he goes but he's not the world beater people in here are making him out to be, not only would he not touch a belt in Bellator I'm not even sure he'd win the tournament, the formula to beat him is out there.

Back