If Pacquiao retired today, where would you rank him all time?

always hard to compare across generations, for volume punching and stamina, no one really touches peak manny, not even henry armstrong, but technique and skill, lots of fighters are better, the ones he can't beat on his natural gifts and the ones who can hit at least as hard as the three men who kayoed him, have a great shot.

Last edited:
Probably between 11-20 and no matter what he does I doubt he’s moving up or down any. He’d have to become undisputed champion for me to consider. I have Floyd around 10 and there’s no way I’m putting Manny above Floyd.

always hard to compare across generations, for volume punching and stamina, no one really touches peak manny, not even henry armstrong, but technique and skill, lots of fighters are better, the ones he can't beat on his natural gifts and the ones who can hit at least as hard as the three men who kayoed him, have a great shot.
^^^^^^

hrm so you have my juices flowing

the greatest fighter ever is Sugar Ray Robinson. Pretty easy on that one. by resume the next 9 are something like (no order)

Ali
Louis
Armstrong
Greb
Walker
Archie
Leonard
Floyd
Canzoneri

I think Pac is right in there.

next 10 is something like (in no order)

Duran
Langford
Wilde
Ross
Lennox
Hopkins
Packey
Jofre
Ezzard
Benny

I said above that I’d put Pac top 10 all time. Honestly, he’s done things that nobody else has done, or could have done. Not only the 8 divisions, but the longevity is amazing. Only thing holding him out of the top 5 IMO are some of the losses (Mayweather and the ugly JMM KO) I don’t think the judges robbing him against Horn or Bradley hurt him. He’s resume has got to be top 3 all time, and if he somehow manages to beat Spence or Crawford, he’s top 5 all time IMO.

I said above that I’d put Pac top 10 all time. Honestly, he’s done things that nobody else has done, or could have done. Not only the 8 divisions, but the longevity is amazing. Only thing holding him out of the top 5 IMO are some of the losses (Mayweather and the ugly JMM KO) I don’t think the judges robbing him against Horn or Bradley hurt him. He’s resume has got to be top 3 all time, and if he somehow manages to beat Spence or Crawford, he’s top 5 all time IMO.
Maybe somebody could clarify for me but wasn't one of those 8 weight divisions a Ring magazine honourary title or a weight he never actually thought at? I remember reading something about a weight class he never fought or never had a belt fight at on the way up

If by modern nutrition we mean Arby’s, then absolutely. I think Pac ducks Beterbiev TBH.
Hey if you think about it Arby’s is just carbs and protein.
Also I agree on butterbeef being the best hever

hrm so you have my juices flowing

the greatest fighter ever is Sugar Ray Robinson. Pretty easy on that one. by resume the next 9 are something like (no order)

Ali
Louis
Armstrong
Greb
Walker
Archie
Leonard
Floyd
Canzoneri

I think Pac is right in there.

next 10 is something like (in no order)

Duran
Langford
Wilde
Ross
Lennox
Hopkins
Packey
Jofre
Ezzard
Benny
No Jack Johnson or Willie Pep in your top 20?

No

not by resume
Pep has a top 5 resume. 230-11-1 and didn’t take an L until after 63 pro fights.

and Jack Johnson resume literally has Fitzsimmons, Jeffries, Langford(who you have on your list), Jeannette, Burns, Flynn, McVey

resume is loaded and that’s not to mention it took forever to given a shot at the world title because of the color ban in boxing. And was even forced to go to jail because of trumped up bogus racist charges. Literally took 26 rounds to take the title off of him in a fight in Cuba.

Johnson is arguably top 10.

I'd rank Manny no less than top 20 p4p, all-time. And probably in the top 10 p4p. He had all the physical gifts of say, a Roy Jones Jr., but with all the grit of Marvin Hagler. The only clear loss he had was against JMM, a guy who had over 40 rounds against him BEFOREhand.

IMO the only weakness Manny had/has as a fighter is his predictability in jumping into the pocket... but only the very elite of the elite have a chance of capitalizing on that.

Pep has a top 5 resume. 230-11-1 and didn’t take an L until after 63 pro fights.

and Jack Johnson resume literally has Fitzsimmons, Jeffries, Langford(who you have on your list), Jeannette, Burns, Flynn, McVey

resume is loaded and that’s not to mention it took forever to given a shot at the world title because of the color ban in boxing. And was even forced to go to jail because of trumped up bogus racist charges. Literally took 26 rounds to take the title off of him in a fight in Cuba.

Johnson is arguably top 10.
Pep has 230 wins but can you identify who they were against?

andJohnson has absurd losses, fixed fights etc

The next heavyweight to be on the list is either holmes or foreman if we are adding another heavyweight

Back