If Pacquiao loses, will Mayweather agree to fight him?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Fondler, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Fondler

Fondler Banned Banned

Seriously, I wonder.

Discuzz.

2. frizzzle

frizzzle White Belt

That's a tough one. If pacman loses, which there is a big possibility he will lose, Floyd may build the confidence to fight pacman, or Floyd may tell us pacman isn't worth his time if he can't beat margarito.
    If pacman loses, it's also a possibility, Floyd will want a bigger cut on the money.

3. squanto

squanto White Belt

this exactly, but may very well go into some thing about how he beat shane mosley, who beat antonio margarito, who beat pacquiao.

4. frizzzle

frizzzle White Belt

You have made a good point. I agree

5. ash85

ash85 Yellow Belt

I really hope pac wins just so we can see floyd-pac fight happen but im sure either way floyd will have some excuse ready just so it dosent

6. lukewall

lukewall Green Belt

Pacquiao isn't going to lose. Margarito is taking a dive like Clottey. This fight is going to look just like the clottey fight.

7. jlagman

jlagman Duty Belt

I agree, except Tony will look much worse for wear; he'll block punches with his face instead of shelling up like Clottey did.

8. frizzzle

frizzzle White Belt

If this actually happens, can we agree the fight was fixed?

9. jlagman

jlagman Duty Belt

Have you ever even watched Tony fight before? He actually blocks punches with his face.

10. frizzzle

frizzzle White Belt

Yes, I have watched Tony fight before, he also throws a lot more punches than clottey.

11. etucapnotnot

etucapnotnot Yellow Belt

Lets talk about Mayweather when he decides he wants to start boxing again....

12. WolfManJiuJitsu***

WolfManJiuJitsu*** Purple Belt

if he agrees to the PED tests then yeah - that was the stumbling block.

And Margo is made to order - he may be big, tough, and mexican. but he is slow, awkward, with very slow foot work.

it will be Manny beating up on another punching bag and the fan boys going nuts about how great he is beating up bigger men

fighting for the 154 title but making the contracted weight 150? Go figure, When you're on top of the world you can make all the demands you want I guess.

i guess now that Shane is lookign his age Manny and Freddie will finally decide to fight him as well????

13. Abishai**

Abishai** Black Belt

LOL...exactly.

14. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

If Pacquiao loses the demand for him to fight Mayweather will diminish. You can easily tell that Floyd doesn't want to fight Pacquiao anyway, he would love Margarito to win.

15. Yakobi

Yakobi Green Belt

So are yall saying the Clottey fight was rigged because Manny made him his heavy bag for 12 rounds?

16. frizzzle

frizzzle White Belt

Wolfman, pacman agreed to the ped/blood testing and Floyd avoided the fight to go on vacation this last time around.

I think margarito will give pacman a tough fight. Margarito throws a lot of punches, hits hard and has a good chin. Question I have is, how many times will margarito actually connect on manny.
    Mannys foot work along with his quickness and speed, will make this fight interesting. Mannyhas the edge.
    If manny beats margarito convincingly. Floyd may not want to fight pacman

17. monsieur_jj

monsieur_jj Purple Belt

18. chino0503

chino0503 Black Belt

yes he will. hes actually waiting for something to happen to pacquiao. whether he loses or goes thru tough wars.

not only was pacquiao demolishing the same guys mayweather fought... he beat them way more convincingly. he's also been fighting the guys that mayweather "retired" to avoid.

mayweather knows pacquiao fights atleast 2 times sometimes 3 times a year. once pacquiao shows weakness or has been thru tough wars.... mayweather will be there to step up and finally fight him. believe it.

but one things for sure... if pacman kills margarito and anyone else they put in front of him.... you can kiss the fight with mayweather goodbye, no way he fights him.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  19. |TongPo|

|TongPo| Brown Belt

If pac loses - Floyd will use the lose as a reason NOT to fight him. He'll basically say Pac doesn't deserve the shot.

Honestly - though - who cares. Unless the guy changes his stripes and suddenly decides to fight the best at 47 - he's irrelevant.

20. |TongPo|

|TongPo| Brown Belt

Bingo!!!

Floyd wants no part of Manny. He's praying for Pac to lose so he doesn't have to listen to everyone demand this fight.