If Overeem wins the UFC belt...

BreadnButter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Would that put him in the top 3 all time in HW rankings? Would he surpass Werdum in your opinion? Does he need to defend the belt more than once to even be considered? Or is he in your opinion already top 3 all time?

Many people have Fedor, Big Nog, and Werdum in the top 3. Overeem like Dan Henderson is a decorated champion winning belts in many different organizations but both are missing one, the UFC belt.

If Overeem wins the UFC belt and defends it he would surpass Werdum in my opinion. Whats's funny to me is that Werdum has only won one title in his MMA career which is the title Overeem is missing.

Winning the UFC belt against Stipe would be the only accomplishment he did without taking massive amount of steroids. Everything in his past doesn't count.

Yes he would be top 3 behind the two you mentioned. A lot of people put Cro Cop up there too.

Guy above me just went full retard.

I think there will always be a bit of an asterisk but that doesn't mean shit to me because I assume every one has cheated

#4 behind Werdum. Werdum subbed Fedor, Nog, and Cain and didn't lose to Travis Browne.

Would that put him in the top 3 all time in HW rankings? Would he surpass Werdum in your opinion? Does he need to defend the belt more than once to even be considered? Or is he in your opinion already top 3 all time?

Many people have Fedor, Big Nog, and Werdum in the top 3. Overeem like Dan Henderson is a decorated champion winning belts in many different organizations but both are missing one, the UFC belt.

If Overeem wins the UFC belt and defends it he would surpass Werdum in my opinion. Whats's funny to me is that Werdum has only won one title in his MMA career which is the title Overeem is missing.
I think if he wins the belt and defends twice (post Usada) then it is hard to argue with him as one of the all time greats:)

he has had a long and impressive career and it took him quite some time in the UFC to finally get a shot at the belt

Winning the UFC belt against Stipe would be the only accomplishment he did without taking massive amount of steroids. Everything in his past doesn't count.

Probably goes for most other HWs too, mind you....

Yeah because PED use wasn't rampant in K1 or the MMA HW divisions

Overeem is overrated as hell, he's going to have to defend at least once if not twice to be there imo

The werdum he beat isnt on the current werdums level. A win over stipe is definitely a solid one though

I always say his name in the pride guy's voice and say it as ALICE STARE!!!!!!!!! OVARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ovarian-cyst.jpg

Definitely. Skill wise, Overeem is probably the most talented hw on the roster. His issues have been chin and gas tank.

K1 Grand Prix champ. Beat Saji and spong then Peter Aerts to get the grand prix championship. Knocked Badr Hari out which was huge.

DREAM heavyweight champ

STRIKEFORCE heavyweight champ.

Add ufc. Wins over JDS, Frank Mir, Arlovski, Brock Lesnar.

Oh yeah, fedor ducked him. That alone makes you top 3

Honestly, I've never been a fan of him at all, but he DOES have some quality wins, and although he's had some bad losses, so has Wandy, Rampage, Chuck etc. Most of the greats have some bad losses. I would put him probably as top 5. Of course, there's Fedor/Nog/Werdum, but what about Barnett? Not to mention Sylvia (seriously)...Mur? Arlovski? CroCop? Some would say Handy...There's a handful of guys after the top 3 that could make an argument, IMO

Back