If Nunes vs Ronda will look like Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 if it goes past the first round...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by fightfan62, Dec 30, 2016.

1. fightfan62

fightfan62 Blue Belt

A lot of people have criticised Amanda's cardio, but Ronda's cardio isn't that much better. She gassed badly in her fight with Holly, and was visibly slowing down in the second round of her rematch with Miesha. Can you imagine if the main event looks like that sloppy gas fest? It's a good thing both these girls are such quick finishers because that would just be embarassing.:oops:

As for my prediction, I think this is a 50:50 fight. Nunes has a tendancy to overcommit on her shots to the point where she is off balance, which is something a skilled Judoku like Ronda could take advantage of. On the other hand, Nunes has huge power and Ronda has awful striking defense, so its plausible that Nunes could land something that puts Ronda away. Tough fight to call.

Zelig likes this.
  2. sonhow

sonhow Red Belt

I thought Ronda looked fine vs Miesha in the third...I think Miesha was the one slowing down in that one.

Fight Professor likes this.
  3. HeDucking

HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

Ronda has been to the third against Meisha and looked just as fresh as she did in round 1. Dunno where the myth of Ronda having no gas came from. She gassed against Holly because she ate punch after punch. That tires you out.

touchedbyjab likes this.
  4. touchedbyjab

touchedbyjab Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Nunes cardio is questionable but Rhonda's isn't bad... or wasn't bad.

5. Guernica

Guernica Double Yellow Belt Banned

This. Just so many questions about ronda going into this fight. All the same, I hope Nunes destroys her once and for all!

#GUERNICAbless

6. fightfan62

fightfan62 Blue Belt

Ronda was slowing down. So was Miesha. Both fighters looked gassed. And this was in a fight Ronda was dominating, mind you. Makes you wonder what her cardio will be like when she eats a few hard shots from Nunes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. LaneTM

LaneTM Green Belt

Fuck when are they banning you again?

Edit: I'm jk and I totally agree in hopes of Nunes putting her down!

Guernica likes this.
  8. SnitchInsider

SnitchInsider Brown Belt

Rousey definitely looked visibly gassed going into the third with Miesha.

I don't know if this is so much a Ronda cardio issue, as it is that her pace is unsustainable for multiple rounds. Rousey has one speed, and that speed does not bode well for multiple rounds.

9. MaveDeltzer

MaveDeltzer Brown Belt

She was doing more in the 2nd and 3rd...so you appear to be clueless.

10. fightfan62

fightfan62 Blue Belt

She was breathing heavy and looking laboured in her movements. She was slowing down, it wasn't obvious because Miesha was also slowing down. The cardio did not look good for either of those girls.

11. Zelig

Zelig Blue Belt

Ronda panics when she gets hit, that will gas anyone out, & this is a nightmare match up in regards to a big physical opponent with a judo/bjj background that punches harder than anyone Ronda has ever fought before.. I agree with TS there's a good chance things get weird if it goes past a round & a half, a gassed Nunes vs. PTSD Ronda.. it may get weird but I'm friggin excited can't even lie

12. blewgums

blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

Travelling, I work at many different ports
    Well just see how this one plays out, eh?

Could be really good. Or it could suck hard. Or it could be somewhere in between.

13. sherdoug420

sherdoug420 Blue Belt

Don't matter who wins tonight I'm pretty sure it will all come down to who can best utilize their latest special finishing moves they've learned from sensei Steven Seagal during their training camps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

This may also kind of apply for Nunes, Rumble, Conor, Overeem (when not in Econo-mode), Vitor, Lombard and most other powerful strikers who are thought to have subpar cardio though. Their "poor" cardio seems built into their styles, when they attack they explode so hard they run their gas tanks down super quickly but that's also why they're such beastly finishers.

Someone like Claudia Gadelha seems more like she might have legit questionable cardio to me, since she isn't an explosive finisher but just tires easily, probably from cutting too much weight.

15. Lanx

Lanx 房仕龍 Double Yellow Card

If Ronda's cardio is a 5, then Nunes is a -2.

That's how bad Nunes Cardio is

16. fightfan62

fightfan62 Blue Belt

The problem with those kinds of fighters is that they are explosive with lots of fast twitch muscle fibers. While this means they are very fast and strong, the trade off is that they will never have good cardio simply because they use up so much energy in their movements.

17. Mr Wings

Mr Wings Black Belt

Ronda and Nunes are NOT Kimbo a and Dada.