If Nunes beats Holly, she'll have wins over every UFC WMMA 135 and 145 champ in history

There really should just be more draws.
I agree that my method of scoring thirds of a win/loss just looks janky on a record. Humans like asthetics, and we want to see even numbers on records. I mean I'm right, but humans are stubborn.

So in lieu of that, I would be 100% in favor of all split decisions being draws on each fighters record. You should only get a full win if you win on all 3 judges scorecards.

She probably has the best resume possible for a wmma BW fighter tbh

OK? So you think someone who goes 10-0 with 10 split decisions is just as good as someone who goes 10-0 winning all judges cards 50-45 or 49-46 (assuming equal quality of opposition)?

If you think they're the same then you're a literal fucking retard. If you don't think they're the same, then you're basically agreeing that record tallying should be changed to reflect that.

Take the dunce cap or agree with me. Either way, checkmate.

I mean if you're going to implement split decisions like that, why not also add the score cards including rounds. I mean you wouldn't say a 10-0 fighter who won all their fights 49-46 is the same as a fighter who won all their fights 48-47 would you?

If Shevchenko couldn’t outpoint her, I don’t think Holly can. But Holly is more physically imposing, so we’ll see what happens. I think Holly at her best and Amanda at her worse, Holly could get a slight edge on the feet— but as we saw in the second Shevchenko fight, Amanda can win with her pressure and octagon control, even if she isn’t landing.
The only way I seriously see Holm out pointing Nunes is if she fights walking forward or at least keeps the center on the octagon for the entirety of the fight and we know she can’t do that.
If you pressure Holly she gives you space.

OK? So you think someone who goes 10-0 with 10 split decisions is just as good as someone who goes 10-0 winning all judges cards 50-45 or 49-46 (assuming equal quality of opposition)?

If you think they're the same then you're a literal fucking retard. If you don't think they're the same, then you're basically agreeing that record tallying should be changed to reflect that.

Take the dunce cap or agree with me. Either way, checkmate.
Or, rather than judging someone by their record you judge them by their fighting ability?
Seems pretty logical

Her win over GDR wasn't brutal. GDR's ground game just wasn't good enough for her to get up from the bottom, so the ref jumped in, but she wasn't hurt by Nunes's strikes. Nunes in fact blew her wad on top of Germaine and that could've become a winnable fight for GDR had it not been for the early stoppage.

Pretty sick resume when you really look at it.

Brutal 1st round finishes over Ronda and Meisha. Brutal 1st round finishes over GDR and Cyborg. The only former champ missing is Holly.

Add to that she has two wins over the current 125lb champ Valentina. And a 15 second KO over current Bellator 145lb champ Julia Budd, who hasn't lost in 8 years.

WMMA goat for sure.

I think its close with her and Shevchenko tbf but would give it to Amanda just for the Rousey and Cyborg fights. Both brilliant fighters, love watching the pair of them. Anyone digging out WMMA should watch these girls go about their busniess

Nunes is clearly the greatest of all times and shes at her peak, which is also something.
Feed her Dominick Cruz.

Cris Cyborg!

She was 13 years undefeated and she was the champion in all the biggest WMMA organizations (StrikeForce, Invicta, UFC),

Amanda Nunes never fought Cyborg in her prime, even when they both were in the same division (145 lbs) in StrikeForce back in the day. Also Cyborg only has 2 losses.
Cyborg was/is a joke. Probably the biggest steroid abuser in the history of combat sports, even Ubereem pales by comparison. Majority of Cyborg's victories were against ridiculously low level of competition and even there she was winning against women who were for the most part 2 weight classes below her in terms of fight night weight and sometimes up to 4 weight classes above if we're talking about unnaturally gained strength, tendon strength and bone density. She was also never technical, just a wild brawler. Funny thing is, even with years of steroid abuse, Holly was still the stronger woman in the clinch and could have won that fight if she had tried to finish instead of sticking to her passive style.

Don't forget that Amanda KOed Bellator's 145 champ (Julia Budd) in like 10 seconds. Amanda Nunes is already part of the GOAT conversation. If she beats Holm, she would be the front-runner in that conversation. If she beats Holm and the KTFOs Cyborg again, then she is the undisputed GOAT. Nothing left to prove after that.

Jarl

Don't forget that Amanda KOed Bellator's 145 champ (Julia Budd) in like 10 seconds. Amanda Nunes is already part of the GOAT conversation. If she beats Holm, she would be the front-runner in that conversation. If she beats Holm and the KTFOs Cyborg again, then she is the undisputed GOAT. Nothing left to prove after that.

Jarl

IMO, which means shit, Holm is the last "name" to knock off. She did not just beat Cyborg, she left her face down/ass up with a walkaway KO. There is no one else at 135 or 145 she needs to fight. Someone might mention "avenging" her loss to Cat, but since then Amanda has done nothing but improve and Cat is far from what she was.

My whole issue with her being considered a female GOAT is that she has 4 or 5 losses:
2 smaller girls beat her (3 if you count Shevchenko)
1 Cat Zingano destroyed her in the UFC

Of course she is the best right now (she's scary right now), but for me to be considered the GREATEST of all time you have to be the best your whole career (at least most of it). And I don't see her like #1 if she has 4 or 5 losses while other girls have better record.

Maybe the GWOAT in UFC history. I abosutely AGREED. But the greatest of all time? Mmm that's arguable considering her whole record.

Nunes had a chance to get a title shot against prime Rousey, but she got brutalized by prime Zingano

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

Pretty sick resume when you really look at it.

Brutal 1st round finishes over Ronda and Meisha. Brutal 1st round finishes over GDR and Cyborg. The only former champ missing is Holly.

Add to that she has two wins over the current 125lb champ Valentina. And a 15 second KO over current Bellator 145lb champ Julia Budd, who hasn't lost in 8 years.

WMMA goat for sure.
yeah, that's the reason she's fighting Holly. if she wins, that resume will be hard to top in the next 10 years

Back