If no DQ, Jon Jones Would Be Looking To Tie Anderson's Record Tomorrow

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know he has one odd DQ, but if Jones wins tomorrow he will have bettered 16 consecutive UFC opponents, tying the most prestigious UFC record currently held by Anderson Silva.

At once Silva's record looked untouchable, but Jones could accomplish the same feat at 27 years old (and against better opposition). It's pretty crazy.

I know he has one odd DQ, but if Jones wins tomorrow he will have bettered 16 consecutive UFC opponents, tying the most prestigious UFC record currently held by Anderson Silva.

At once Silva's record looked untouchable, but Jones could accomplish the same feat at 27 years old (and against better opposition). It's pretty crazy.

Really with the Lutter fight he would tie Anderson if he beats Cormier then Gus.

Really with the Lutter fight he would tie Anderson if he beats Cormier then Gus.

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

Yea his track record speaks for itself. He has really made great fighters not look so good, except Gus, I dont think JJ is looking forward to that fight with gus again, but he does look excited to fight DC.

IMO Jones is damn lucky he only has one DQ.....I mean how many warnings can you get for eyepokes....Jon must have the record....but nothing ever happens.....

IMO Jones is damn lucky he only has one DQ.....I mean how many warnings can you get for eyepokes....Jon must have the record....but nothing ever happens.....

There is something to this. I think Jones is the best MMA fighter in the world right now, but a very large percentage of fans feel like he employs dirty tactics in his fights. Some guys are like that, and you have them in every sport.

But it makes losing a DQ for illegal strikes less of a fluke and more an unsurprising result of the way he fights. I would not be surprised to see Jones rack up another DQ or two before he hangs them up, hopefully many years from now.

Jon Jones lost a fight.

He broke the rules.

Therefore, he does not tie Anderson.

He broke the rules he should respect. He lost.

''If'' and ''no'' has the same meaning in this case.

So, stop please.

We can use the IF in the Lutter fight, or in the Gus decision, so, stop please.

If I had a foot long tongue I would be able to give myself some head.

The illegal strikes were against an unconscious man. Jones is 21-0.

Where was all this shit when Fedor "lost" to TK? Oh yeah, I guess Jones isn't popular like Fedor, for whatever dumb reason.

Not sure why people discount the DQ. Jones' game largely centers on exploiting and borderline breaking rules to gain advantage during the fight, when he slips up and gets DQ'd then that DQ loss is no less legit than his wins when he managed to toe the line and avoid getting DQ'd

With all the eye pokes he commits, he should have more DQ losses on his record.

The illegal strikes were against an unconscious man. Jones is 21-0.

Where was all this shit when Fedor "lost" to TK? Oh yeah, I guess Jones isn't popular like Fedor, for whatever dumb reason.

Or it could be the fact that the strike that opened up the cut that ended the Fedor fight was an illegal strike

I agree.

But then again, Fedor got tapped, bullied, then KTFO so that makes up for it.

Jon Jones is 27 years old. Let's revisit this if/when he's in his mid 30s and still fighting top competition

Back