If nick diaz was straight laced and less confrontational..

nick diaz isnt even exciting...he just plods forward and punches. I would like him more if he had more respect for...well anyone, including himself.

Lol. Kid has sick BJJ. You're purely hating & speculating as to his self esteem. Ok, Dr. Phil.

The difference with Silva and Diaz is that Silva cares about the fans. Diaz seemingly couldn't care less.

Fighting is a job. He does his job well. Fans are irrelevant. Maybe if MMA was still a fledgling concept his Q rating would matter, but the sport is established. The sport needs heels & he is an excellent heel.

In my humble opinion the guy is too often maligned. People want to see fighters they identify with (some people.) I guess there aren't that many pothead MMA fans with surly attitudes.

but to answer your question, no, the people that like diaz like him for his realness and fighter spirit, honestly I feel like GSP gets just as much hate but for different reasons obviously

Im sure i will get some crap for this, tho i like his style of fighting, i definatly dislike his attitude, and personally think he is overated.

I think Diaz has a lot of fans on this site. Remember when he beat BJ? No one gave a shit that he taunted him, but when Rory does it the world is going to end. Everyone went crazy also when Diaz lost to Condit. I think those are his fan base as well.

he'd have more fans, his skills would get more respect, can't tell if he would be a bigger draw or not. maybe not? I think people would look at his decision losses differently.

Yeah, a lot of people have what I consider to be an overreaction to his personality.

nick diaz isnt even exciting...he just plods forward and punches. I would like him more if he had more respect for...well anyone, including himself.

Diaz is the man. Win or lose, he eats leather and keeps fighting. You'll appreciate that more when he and others like him are gone and the UFC turns into a dry-humping contest.

if Nick wasn't socially awkward and knew how to speak in public he would have a larger fan base.

Wanderlei is a genuinely nice guy and likes to put on a show. I really cant say the same about Nick

i'm a flip flopper on diaz bros. I can't stand that thug 209 shit, but when they act like grown ups they seem cool. Still say some strange shit lol.

Nick would be WAY more popular if his fan base was not mainly comprised of teenage cranking faux rebels.

Yeah if you consider wild, sloppy haymakers as entertaining.

Umm yeah, but also just because I find a guy who doesn't go backwards, always goes for it and just wants to entertain the fans, entertaining.........

The difference with Silva and Diaz is that Silva cares about the fans. Diaz seemingly couldn't care less.

You should listen to him talk. Actually a really nice and mild-mannered guy. He's also suuuuuuuper excitable about his hobbies (not the weed). Listen to his interview from sherdog.com following him beating Shamrock. He get's all pumped about a triathalon he's going to run two weeks after the fight :D

The gimmick is a gimmick and it helps him fight. You gotta assume it comes from living a rather tough upbringing. I've known plenty like him... they just don't commit to fighting/triathalons like he does.

Would he be more loved on this site? Its obvious the amount of hate for him on this site yet wanderlei silva basically acted the same yet was and is still loved around these parts. Wanderlei mean mugged and talked trash throughout his pride days yet everyone loves him for it. But when nick does it hes called a thug, gangster etc. Unless there is a whole new breed of mma fans I find this so hypocritical and sickening to be honest. Nick is just as exciting a fighter as prime wand and deserves the same amount of respect

Nick =/= Brian Stann.

Back