If nick diaz knocks out anderson silva does that make him an mma legend?

lilwayne209**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In short yes. Nick diaz a natural 160 lber fighting someone who is supposed to fight at 205. If he does knock silva out he will diserves nothing less than a title as an MMA Legend and should be inducted into the ufc hall of fame. His name should be next to the greats such as Fedor, anderson and cro cop

If Nick Diaz knocks out Anderson Silva he has villified all the bullshit he and his fanbase has ever said. And yes he'll be an MMA legend. Right now he's like a cult legend for his crazy fights and moments outside the cage.

Nick Diaz has been a legend for years.

My definition of legend in this sport = talented veteran.

If people feel Shogun is a legend, and fuckloads of people do, Diaz is absolutely a legend.

Truthfully he's already a legend in his own right. His resume speaks for itself and his antics and actions have made him a staple of MMA. You can't ever take away what he has accomplished in the sport.

Will he ever be a champ in the UFC? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he hasn't earned a spot in the MMA hall of fame.

If Nick Diaz knocks out Anderson Silva he has villified all the bullshit he and his fanbase has ever said. And yes he'll be an MMA legend. Right now he's like a cult legend for his crazy fights and moments outside the cage.

Vilified? How so?

Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fighters ever. The sad thing is I feel very ashamed saying this, because it associates me with delusional lil' wayne listening wannabe gangsters like TS.

Diaz is already legendary for oh so many reasons.

Saying Silva is a fighter who is supposed to fight at 205 makes no sense.

No. Anderson has already been knocked out so it is not as if this would be a novel feat.

While Nick is an exciting fighter he is likely a B+ or A- level all time fighter. I am a fan of his fights by the way, but he has no beat a who's who of fighters in his career. I don't think you can become an MMA legend for KO'ing a fighter who already been KO'd before, even if that fighter is the great Anderson Silva.

no. it will mean anderson is old. fight-worn, and his chin is gone

Depends how he did it. Most people won't give him credit. It'll just be the Silva being too old excuse.

He'd have 43 legend points. At the moment he's on 23. Big jump.

''natural 160 lbs''if Nick would be a natural 160 lbs fighter,he would still be a lw.

I imagine Silva would have to look awful for that outcome to occur, so I'm going with "no." It would just look bad for Silva's legacy. Nick is a known quantity and he's not all-time great unless he improves in several dimensions.

Nick Diaz will never KO Anderson Silva.
Anderson Silva isn't supposed to be fighting at 205.

At some point in MMA's history, GSP, BJ, and Andy were the best fighters in the world. He's fought all three. If he goes 2-1 against that triad, then yea he's somewhere up there in the record books.

Back