If nick diaz almost got a draw decision against a roided silva, then imagine what bisping will do

Nick was strikeforce champ if I remember correctly. But no he will never be ufc champ.

LOL SF champ. SF WW division was terrible. Their MW and HW divisions were great though

Well, Bisping isn't Diaz.

I'm sure Silva's confidence wasn't that high in that fight, either. He had just lost two fights in a row to Weidman, one being a KO and the other a horrific injury. Silva seemed a little hesitant at times in the Diaz fight, I believe it's because he was a little scared of hurting his leg again. When a fighter breaks their leg like that, sometimes it takes them awhile to readjust because the thought of injuring yourself again is constantly in the back of your mind. This could've effected Silva's confidence and why he didn't commit as much as he would've before the leg break.

But really, Bisping just isn't Diaz. Diaz is a tougher opponent in a few ways, his chin is something we need to take into consideration. Bisping can't take a shot like Nick can, Nick has an iron chin, Bisping doesn't. Nick's boxing is better than Bisping's, too. A lot of people don't seem to realize how good Nick's boxing actually is. They look at him like he's just some sloppy brawler, but he isn't. He can actually fight very technical and picks his shots intelligently, the Silva fight is a good example of that.

I'm taking Silva via KO/TKO within 2 rounds. Anderson will find Bisping's timing, will figure out his movement (where he's going to move), and Bisping will slowly start to get a little anxious throughout the fight and start making mistakes/leaving openings. Silva will catch him eventually, hurt him and get the finish.

I'd like to see Bisping win because I've always been a big fan, but I just don't see it happening. I believe Silva will come back more confident this time and he will actually let his shots go. He will actually commit more this time and will look for the finish like he used to. In the Diaz fight, I don't think Silva was really looking to finish. I think he was way too hesitant because of his injury, so he fought far more conservatively than he normally does.

Some may disagree when I say Diaz is a better fighter than Bisping and that stylistically, he's a tougher fight for Silva - but that's just how I feel.

Based on what? Surely not their actual fight records.

I guess Nick is a better fighter because he is less articulate and smokes more dope?

In the striking, more accuracy, better volume punching, better finisher, better chin

In the ground, better jiu jitsu and grappling in general, better finisher in the ground too

In general better cardio, better opponents, better star and draw potential, been actually a champion and fought championship matches

He didn't almost get a draw. He clearly lost a glorified sparring session. Nick fought like he was scared to get knocked out.

Almost a draw? Wtf are you talking about? Diaz was beaten the fuck up every round

In the striking, more accuracy, better volume punching, better finisher, better chin

In the ground, better jiu jitsu and grappling in general, better finisher in the ground too

In general better cardio, better opponents, better star and draw potential, been actually a champion and fought championship matches

HAHAHHAHAHAHA SF champ beating fucking Marius Žaromskis lol.

Also Bisping has better striking defense, better wrestling and TDD and better footwork. Also how does Nick have better Cardio? Neither are known to gas. Nick noticeably slowed down vs Condit in rounds 3,4 and 5 and Bisping looked a bit tired vs Mayhem

Neither will ever be a REAL champ or the best in their division

Nick was strikeforce champ if I remember correctly. But no he will never be ufc champ.

Yes Nick was SF Champ. He won the title by fighting Zaromskis who was 0-2-1 in SF.

He defended against a LW (Noons), who was 3-4 in SF.
He defended against Cyborg, who was 1-3 in SF (only win against Zaromskis).
He then defended against Daley who was 1-3 in SF.

What a Champ!

That fight wasn't competitive, he lost every round and "fought" not to get finished. Only Diaz fans think taunting and making gestures means you win the round.

Bisping is so underrated it's not funny. He is probably one of the best boxers with the best footwork in MMA. This is going to be a very hard fight for Anderson. Bisping is a big guy and fought at LHW. He also has tremendous striking skills. Without bispings chin, I would actually favor him slightly in this fight.

Lol at people believing silva stand a real chance against Bisping.
Well first: Diaz was about as far from beating Anderson as he was from beating GSP. It was not even slightly close. Second: Diaz would probably beat Bisping. Third: Bisping is a legit fighter just like Diaz. They both get unnecessary shit for no reason.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA SF champ beating fucking Marius Žaromskis lol.

Also Bisping has better striking defense, better wrestling and TDD and better footwork. Also how does Nick have better Cardio? Neither are known to gas. Nick noticeably slowed down vs Condit in rounds 3,4 and 5 and Bisping looked a bit tired vs Mayhem

Neither will ever be a REAL champ or the best in their division

You might yuck it up on the StrikeForce champion bit, but a few of them have done very, very well in the UFC (Rockhold, Cormier, Rousey, etc.).

You might yuck it up on the StrikeForce champion bit, but a few of them have done very, very well in the UFC (Rockhold, Cormier, Rousey, etc.).

But Not Diaz!

339k93m.gif

I thought Bisping was the only one that lost brain cells with that punch, seems like his fans suffered too.

I think Bisping will put a better show than Diaz.
Won't be an easy win for Silva like Diaz was.
He'll actually be forced to put some effort.

5 years ago I would've laughed at this thread. Now I kind of believe you.

Back