If Nate had to cut to 155lb how would that affect his chances?

In terms of this fight, 170 favors Nate while 155 favors Conor. Conor looked tired at 170, he's never experienced that before throwing such high volume, hence the poor double leg attempt. At 155 he can continue to be aggressive at a high pace - prior to Diaz landing his shot in the 2nd Conor was busting up Nate pretty good.

Yes apologies I meant to cut as much.

I'm not using it as an excuse, I think Conor was beat fair and square and think he'll get beaten again but I think when people say hes fighting a LW regarding Nate when the fight is at 170 I disagree, I think ww Nate is a much better fighter vs the LW roster and if they all had to fight him at 170 I believe few would beat him.

Yes I think Conor is stupid for insisting this fight at 170.

I mean you could say the same thing for many fighters. Cerrone might beat most LWs at WW that he has no shot at against at LW, but that doesn't mean he's a "WW fighter". Nate IS a LW fighter, meaning he has spent a huge majority of his career at LW and was unsuccessful during his stint at WW. He got ragdolled by the only 2 top 10 he faced at WW (Rory/DHK), while he was able to beat Davis and Markham. After losing twice in a row at WW he moved down to LW and was successful enough to earn a shot at the LW belt (something he will most likely never be able to achieve at WW).

If Nate isn't a "LW fighter", then you can't say Conor is a "FW fighter". Conor has fought more times at LW than Nate has at any weight outside of LW. Nate had the most success at LW, and he is most comfortable and confident (in his own words) at LW.

So it's WW vs WW right? Nate is a lw fighting at WW and conor is a lw/fw fighting at WW.
Not exactly! I think the TS is saying that there are 2 Nate Diaz's, a LW Nate and a WW Nate but we all must consider there are 3 Conor Mac's, FW Mac, LW Mac and WW Mac or Big Mac as we call him. Obviously 3 Mac's vs only 2 Diaz's wins every time. Conclusive, scientific proof that Conor wins at UFC 202 bet your house on it!!!

Not exactly! I think the TS is saying that there are 2 Nate Diaz's, a LW Nate and a WW Nate but we all must consider there are 3 Conor Mac's, FW Mac, LW Mac and WW Mac or Big Mac as we call him. Obviously 3 Mac's vs only 2 Diaz's wins every time. Conclusive, scientific proof that Conor wins at UFC 202 bet your house on it!!!
Lmfao! ! I bet my buddy 50 bucks and AV bet with McgreGOATsLeft but I got Nate.

Nate is a natural LW. Imo, he beats Conor at either weight.

Did TS forget that Nate had a title shot at LW?

Did TS forget that Nate had a title shot at LW?

No I didnt forget but what I'm saying is, When Conor lost to Nate, he was beaten by a WW NOT a lw. Because Nate was allowed weigh in at 170 a night before weighins, AND under THESE conditions, I'd wager he beats 95 % of the lw roster based on purely on his size,

So basically this is a stupid fight and if this was at lw where Diaz had to weigh in at 155 the night before I say Mcgregor probably beats him, MAYBE. based on Nates cut and the fact Conor doesnt have to cut as much. Personally I think Conors best weight is 155,because it doesnt drain him but I still don't doubt Nate can't beat him at 155, I was just interested to see what people thought because I keep seeing 'Nate is a lw' but when he weighs 170 the night before a fight hes not a lw hes a ww and under these conditions I BELIEVE he beats most of the lw roster based on the fact hes so bloody big to begin with. If you make him reach 155, you atleast give yourse;f a chance.

Again, I say this VS the lw roster, NOT the WW roster.

I keep seeing 'Nate is a lw' but when he weighs 170 the night before a fight hes not a lw hes a ww

Conor also came in as a WW the night before the fight. They both weigh the same (maybe 3-7lb difference at most). During the lead-up to the fight Conor was making fun of how small Nate looked. Conor was talking about how Nate was "skinny fat". Hell, there were so many posts/comments everywhere talking about how much bigger Conor looked compared to Nate. If Nate Diaz had time to train with a proper camp, it doesn't matter whether it's LW or WW, the skill is still there to beat Conor and I bet he would.

Also, I'm not a Nate fanboy if anyone assumes such a thing. You can look at my past posts about Nate and I've never been a big fan of his.

It wouldn't affect his chances at all. He'd still wipe the mat with Chaunman.

Back