If Nate had to cut to 155lb how would that affect his chances?

ilwab

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I personally believe Diaz having to cut to 155lb combined with Conor not having to cut (EDIT as much) gives Conor a much greater shot of winning this fight.

If any other LW had to fight Diaz at 170lb, how would they fare? I don't care if they're gonna weigh 170 + on fight night, my point is how good is Nate vs LW roster at 170lb? He beats all but Khabib and RDA yeah?

I slightly favour Conor , SLIGHTLY if Nate had to cut to 155.

Thoughts?

Edit- I think Nate will most likely beat him again at 170.

Last edited:
Not at all. He's fought at 155 most of his career

You do realise that Conor would be cutting as well right? He was at least 165lb fighting in FW.

Nate looked the best in his career fighting at 155. He looked like a child against DHK and Rory at 170.

Get your facts together, Nate is a 155 as much as Conor is.

You do realise that Conor would be cutting as well right? He was at least 165lb fighting in FW.

Yeah I hear ya but as much as Conor does have a size difference vs MOST fw I also feel the severe cut takes away from his performance and thus never performs to 100%, just my opinion.

I ask this question because I read alot of people talking like his last fight was against a lw, but I disagree, I think theres a lw Diaz and a ww Diaz and I feel lw Diaz is way more beatable for Conor than ww.

Nate looked the best in his career fighting at 155. He looked like a child against DHK and Rory at 170.

Get your facts together, Nate is a 155 as much as Conor is.

I disagree, I think Nate can beat practically all other LW if the fight was made at 170 based on his natural size. I think he has a much greater edge there, if he drops to 155 his chances diminish significantly, just my opinion.

It does give Nate more of an advantage because then he needs to get in shape in order to reach 155

TS is high as fuck.

Nate wanted to fight at 155. Conor demanded 170.

Nate said that he feels like he is in better shape when he fights at LW.

Thank you!! I read a few times that Nate and Conor BOTH walk around 170lbs. Who on Earth actually thinks Conor "doesn't have to cut" to make 155? That would imply Conor had to ADD weight to make 170...and that's just another poor and pathetic excuse as to why he got beat and will most likely get beat once again by Nate at 170 (even though Conor is the one insisting on 170).

Nayt can't cut to 155 anymore. He's put on too much muscle, he is huge now. Bigger than Nick in recent pictures. So yeah his chances would be a lot worse at 155.

I personally believe Diaz having to cut to 155lb combined with Conor not having to cut gives Conor a much greater shot of winning this fight.

If any other LW had to fight Diaz at 170lb, how would they fare? I don't care if they're gonna weigh 170 + on fight night, my point is how good is Nate vs LW roster at 170lb? He beats all but Khabib and RDA yeah?

I slightly favour Conor , SLIGHTLY if Nate had to cut to 155.

Thoughts?

Edit- I think Nate will most likely beat him again at 170.
Wha

Thank you!! I read a few times that Nate and Conor BOTH walk around 170lbs. Who on Earth actually thinks Conor "doesn't have to cut" to make 155? That would imply Conor had to ADD weight to make 170...and that's just another poor and pathetic excuse as to why he got beat and will most likely get beat once again by Nate at 170 (even though Conor is the one insisting on 170).

Yes apologies I meant to cut as much.

I'm not using it as an excuse, I think Conor was beat fair and square and think he'll get beaten again but I think when people say hes fighting a LW regarding Nate when the fight is at 170 I disagree, I think ww Nate is a much better fighter vs the LW roster and if they all had to fight him at 170 I believe few would beat him.

Yes I think Conor is stupid for insisting this fight at 170.

Yeah I hear ya but as much as Conor does have a size difference vs MOST fw I also feel the severe cut takes away from his performance and thus never performs to 100%, just my opinion.

I ask this question because I read alot of people talking like his last fight was against a lw, but I disagree, I think theres a lw Diaz and a ww Diaz and I feel lw Diaz is way more beatable for Conor than ww.
Because why, though?

Yes apologies I meant to cut as much.

I'm not using it as an excuse, I think Conor was beat fair and square and think he'll get beaten again but I think when people say hes fighting a LW regarding Nate when the fight is at 170 I disagree, I think ww Nate is a much better fighter vs the LW roster and if they all had to fight him at 170 I believe few would beat him.

Yes I think Conor is stupid for insisting this fight at 170.
So it's WW vs WW right? Nate is a lw fighting at WW and conor is a lw/fw fighting at WW.

He would be the much larger fighter come fight night. He kills Mac any weightclass on 10 days notice

Back