If Nate Diaz was as dedicated to his MMA career as Conor is, how would a third fight go?

A win is a win.

Guess Mattt Hamill is the goat then

JonesHamill.jpeg

Diaz is always training. Boxing, BJJ, and I think the dude just did a triathlon. No need to fight for peanuts, when the prize is the third fight. Everything else is chump change.

Conor wins more convincingly at 155. Nate's best chance is at ww on short notice.

The increased weight cut and longer prep time works in Conor's favor.

Nate being Nate.

DF519C5D-E0E1-4331-AFD7-BCF0B9A4916A.png

nate-diaz-ufc-nate-diaz-ufc_3762904.jpg

Conor embracing that Diaz lifestyle after being humbled.

I’ll take me a Quata poond of woot eva Nathaniel likes to smoke.

27578733_1730645956956-1024x1003.jpg

Conor after learning the secret to Nate’s cardio

fc14cf200df65c6934a82a681060c1ff.jpg

Conor after someone tells him that’s not the type of bike Nate rides.

maxresdefault.jpg

Conor is dedicated to MMA? How did you come up with that?

Conor wins more convincingly at 155. Nate's best chance is at ww on short notice.

Yeah that weight cut really going to help Conor's suspect cardio.

The increased weight cut will help Conor's already suspect gas tank?

Conor was able to last 5 rounds because he to only lose <10 pounds to make 170 and didn't kill his gas tank making the weight cut.

Nate with a consistent camp and relatively injury free should be favored to win again.

I think fighting @155 benefits Nate more. Conor didnt have to cut any weight and i think thats the only reason he was able(barely) to last 5 rounds.
Hard to say, but I think Conor's cardio would probably be better at 155. Less weight to carry + more cardio work in camp
I respect you but Nate is at his best at 155.

I still remember how Rory ragdolled him and i had Nate do surprising well against DHK. It was the size difference that was the deciding factor.

He was going to beat (outbox) Marcus Davis at any weight. (If Davis was competing today he'd a LW or possible FW). Rory Markham was in jail last time I checked.

He doesn't have the muscle/strength to compete at WW.
yeah but you're talking about fights where he fought actual welterweights

Conor on the other hand has fought as low as 45 and is probably suited even worse for 170 than Nate. There's a point of diminishing returns when you're not cutting weight, just like when you are cutting weight. 155 is definitely the best class for both of them.

It would probably go like the second fight. Which Nate should have won.

The Diaz bros have never been terribly adaptable. Neither of them have ever checked a leg kick in the octagon.
He checked one in the second fight and Conor left on crutches.
That's why he stopped throwing leg kicks in round 2.

I'd go with a third fight would never happen, because he'd be trying to box Lomachenko or some shit.

Stylistically I think Nate is the worst possible match up for Conor.

He's proven the ability to beat Conor once, so it's not outlandish to think he could have done it again
(had he dedicated himself to his MMA career).

I just can't imagine Nate's been working really hard this whole time he's been off.

I also heavily favor Conor at 155.

Lol @ thinking Nate Diaz has ever weighed 200lbs at any point in his life. 190 the absolute most and he’d be in horrible shape cardio wise.

Conor sold you wolf tickets and you ate them right up

Nate looked around 185 in the 2nd fight. Still a legit 15-20 pounds heavier than Connor.

Conor made the needed adjustments in the rematch. I honestly don't see why it'd end up differently. But, I'd be rooting for Nate (even though he's essentially a man-child).

Nate panic wrestled in the second fight. Nate also panic clinched alot in between Conor smashing his face. At 155 Nate gets smoked. He won't be able to lay his fat skinny cabo 200lb frame on Conor to wear him down at lw. Nate has a skinny chicken neck at lw too (see Michael Johnson fight)...no way that's going to absorb Conor power in 3rd fight. His ass was already sat down 3 times at 170lbs.
Nate is a Grappler no shit hes gonna clinch and shoot, that's like saying Connor panic punched.

The increased weight cut will help Conor's already suspect gas tank?

Conor was able to last 5 rounds because he to only lose <10 pounds to make 170 and didn't kill his gas tank making the weight cut.

Greater size difference at 170. Nate has a bigger frame than Conor and he is a skelton at 155. Nate has a tougher cut at lw, hence why he has missed weight before. Those punches that floored him at 170 would finish him at 155.

Back