If Nate breaks Conor again, how big is the hit to McG's marketability/popularity?

If Conor loses again then he'll lose most of his fans, but the nut huggers will stay and suck him off.

His stock probably won't take too big of a hit until he loses his belt. They had to make an event with no title fights so he could headline 202, and he can headline his first defense, but most PPVs have title fights, so he can't keep headlining if he's not a champ.

When Nate beats him again....he'll go down to 45 and fight Aldo. If the Aldo that showed up against Frankie shows up, it will be bad news for Conor. If Conor loses that one, that's 3 in a row...and no matter how much shit he talks, it is going to be pretty hard to believe anything he says after that. I'll still stream his fights, don't get me wrong, because there is one thing about the guy that I do like.....he always comes to fight!! and he is pretty entertaining.

It will hurt his marketability for sure. He would still be a big draw though.

Now if he loses to nate again, and then loses to Aldo, then he will be in trouble. He would be seen as a fluke and a flash in the pan.

If he beats Nate his star is as bright as ever. Even if he loses to nate, but beats Aldo again he will still be a big star.

Essentially he just can't lose his next two in a row.

No... Win or lose he's fighting Aldo next.
I love Aldo, man, and would be very happy to see him getting his belt back, but the UFC really wants Gregor to walk around with his UFC belt, and advertising it, and the best way to do that is to keep him away from Aldo as long as they can. Of course the scenario I painted was a little far fetched, but still, it´s a chance....

Back