If MW title becomes vacant, who fights for it?

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hendo claims that if he wins the title, he'd retire leaving the MW title vacant. So who fights for it

Pretty much all MW contenders are coming of losses

The Chris vs Jacare winner
vs
Rockhold vs Romero winner

I say tournament over a year. Take the top 8 fighters and pair them off on one PPV. Then a few months later the winners fight each other then at the end of the year have the last two guys fight for the title. In the event of an injury in the first round of the tournament the number 9 and 10 ranked fighters step in.

I like the idea of a tournament, but I hate the idea of Mike losing the belt.

A little 4 man tournament would be awesome but it won't be needed.
I love Hendo but I'm pretty sure Left Look Larry takes it this time.

Top 8 ranked mws, first 2 rounds on same night on a stacked ppv....then the final 2 fight 3 months later...

Jacare Mousasi 3

8-man tournament with: Jacare, Romero, Whittaker, Mousasi/Belfort winner, Bisping, Weidman, Rockhold and Hall/Brunson winner.

Whomever looks the best between the winners of :

Rockhold
Yo El Romero

Weidman
Jacare

Winner of Vitor vs. Mousasi vs. Romero.

Anderson will smoke Rockhold then fight the winner of Weidman/Jacare or Weidman/Romero (whichever fight is made)

If hendo wins, its gonna be brutal and bisping will prob be out for 6 months

Hendo claims that if he wins the title, he'd retire leaving the MW title vacant. So who fights for it

I hope hendo wins.. Just to shut bisping down... But... If you can't defend it... Does winning the belt really matter? .... The title is becoming redundant.... With injuries and fluke victories..... Bring back the grand prix.... Separate the real fighters from the others.

Last edited:
The Chris vs Jacare winner
vs
Rockhold vs Romero winner
Neither of these fights are announced, right? Just speculation? I've seen it referenced multiple times this thread already. Did a quick Google search and couldn't find anytime. Also, Rockhold cannot even train for the following month because if his knee.

Neither of these fights are announced, right? Just speculation? I've seen it referenced multiple times this thread already. Did a quick Google search and couldn't find anytime. Also, Rockhold cannot even train for the following month because if his knee.

Yeah none of them are announced, I'm just playing Joe Silva here.

Why do people start 0% probability hypothetical threads?

Wont matter. When hendo gets hurt and pulls out Mousasi will replace him and fuck Bisping up with ease for the title.

i'd like to see two salty idiots
Rockhold
Weidman

go at it again, against winner jacere/romero.

why? idk, i want to cringe at all the funny things Weidmans dad is gonna say, lol, we need more memes

Back