If Miesha beats Ronda would you consider it an upset?

That's a bit premature of a statement, considering she's had one fight in an entirely new division, no?

Youd think in an entirely new division they could find a challenger coming off of a win.

Miesha is a fighter coming off a lost where she got mauled, and she is fighting somebody who is undefeated one of those wins where she broke Miesha's arm.

Yes it would be an upset if Miesha wins.

There is no "considering" anything. It would be a big upset. Meisha is currently a 4-1 underdog.

Yeah, it would be a huge upset.

Even if Miesha is a former SF champ, the betting lines are going to have her as a huge underdog.

There is no "considering" anything. It would be a big upset. Meisha is currently a 4-1 underdog.

wow, that's closer than I was expecting.

Yeah, it would be a huge upset.

Even if Miesha is a former SF champ, the betting lines are going to have her as a huge underdog.

wow, that's closer than I was expecting.

My mistake. Rhonda is a -1000 favorite. I got odds from the first fight by accident.

Yes, it would be an upset. No, it won't happen. It would be pretty cool to see though. This season of TUF is really making Ronda look pretty bad. I wouldn't mind seeing her get beat.

My mistake. Rhonda is a -1000 favorite. I got odds from the first fight by accident.

Haha, those seem more appropriate. Thanks for letting me know.

Ronda hasn't shown herself to be anything but a one trick pony. No, I would not consider it an upset. Miesha's best gameplan would be to use her wrestling to keep it standing, but she'll probably take her down and land in an armbar.

No. Miesha is the better fighter. It's not arguable. Ronda is a 1 trick pony.

Hahahaha what?

The only reason Tate is even getting another title shot is because Cat got injured. The only reason Tate wasn't finished by Kedzie is because apparently she has a fucking adamantium skull that doesn't give a shit about a full bore, weight leaned-into-shin-to-dome head kicks.

Miesha is in no way a better fighter than Rousey. Their records speak for themselves. That is truly not arguable. You can say that Tate has more experience in more facets of MMA, but calling her a better fighter is ludicrous.

If you don't think so then you don't know what an upset is or how odds work.

RR has already beaten Tate in devastating fashion... so Tate getting the W would be an upset

Anyone with sense realizes that their skills are comparable, Ronda just has the armbar ace up her sleeve.

Rousey is a better judoka than anything Tate is.

Last edited:
Rousey is a better judoka then anything Tate is.

I thought Tate was the better wrestler & possibly better striker...I wouldn't say Tate's or Rousey's striking is top in the division..but very similar skill wise.

Rousey is a better judoka then anything Tate is.

I don't agree with you. Tate's wrestling is about on par with Rousey's judo. Rousey is just very, very good at one technique. Tate is better in the stand up, neither is very good but Rousey is like a duck out of water when punched in the face.

Meisha is a very good fighter, but because of how the first fight ended, some may think so.

Ronda is definitely beatable but Meisha's not the one for the job. Her style plays right into Ronda's strengths.

Ronda beating Tate was an upset, her beating Carmouche was an upset. So no.

Women MMA is in its infancy. If a fighter who cannot throw even a single punch properly wins, you know there is something wrong. There is no one trick Ponies in men's mma except the one punch power hitters. Those are the only one trick ponies that will survive in women mma too.

The only way to beat Ronda is to knock her out or submit her. She is the most protected product in the UFC.

how in the hell is she protected

she fought and beat tate and kaufman inside 1 round and both were in the top 3 when she beat them

Back