If michael page join the UFC = biggest transfer in the history of mma?

He's still got to beat a high-quality wrestler or grappler before he is legit. Would he beat Maia? Nope.

If MVP was ever going to be a top fighter, he would be by now. Dude is almost 30, and he is no Randy Couture.
Since his debuts I've followed him, every year his fans were saying "give him time, he is only 25" then "kid is just 26, he can still do it", "ok 27 is pushing it but if he get a top opponent right now he can still become an elite", etc etc

Now Page is 30 and his biggest win is a completely washed up Cyborg (love the guy but even in his long past prime he was never top 20 material), Bellator didn't even try to make a champion out of him for fear of losing that perfect record and flashy antics.
A fight against Semtex would have been huge, and made MVP legit in the eyes of the fans.

Page probably had big potential, I love watching his fights (feel bad for Cyborg though), but I stopped hoping for a successful run in the UFC long ago, if he doesn't even fight the Bellator top guys...

Anderson didn't come to the UFC and begin his reign of terror until he was 31. Not claiming Page to be the next AS but just saying...

Machida came late, took the division by storm and won the belt at age 31.

Michael Bisping who was never viewed as a top fighter but rather a gatekeeper/middle of the pack guy just won the belt at 37.

Nobody ever thought Woodley was a "top fighter" but he just won the belt at 34

Nobody thought Thompson was a "top fighter" 3 years ago and he may be Champ soon and he's already 33.

I could go on with more examples.

The dude just turned 29 in April. I think he's actually in the early stages of his fighting prime right now.

The big fights against the top Bellator competition are a coming as they can not and will no longer hold him back. He's top 5 there now so 1 more impressive victory and he'll probably get a title shot. Worst case scenario he's 2 fights away.

We're gonna find out if he's the real deal soon.

how do you know he won't beat anyone in the top 20?

You're arguing with a dude making a few solid points, supported by facts... only to tell us some subjective nonsense? Come on dude, if you're gonna pretend your passionate about your stance, throw a fact at us, not a lame opinion that can't currently be proven.
What facts? He was getting grapplefucked rather easily by Cyborg before the KO, guys like Story, Gastelum and even Colby Covington could beat him. As long as you have a slight clue what you're doing in the grappling department. There's no fact that says he'd be successful in the UFC, nothing to even suggest it.

What facts? He was getting grapplefucked rather easily by Cyborg before the KO, guys like Story, Gastelum and even Colby Covington could beat him. As long as you have a slight clue what you're doing in the grappling department. There's no fact that says he'd be successful in the UFC, nothing to even suggest it.

Don't insult yourself by pretending he didn't drop facts on you.

Tell me at what point Page was in serious danger during the Cyborg fight? The fight in which he literally shattered a man's skull?

And nothing to suggest he'd be successful in the UFC? Here's a counter for you: There's nothing to suggest he wouldn't.

11-0. 10 finishes.

In case you're uncertain of what that means, it means he hasn't failed yet, which is more than the vast majority of UFC signings can say.

You want to list guys like Kelvin and Story as examples of guys he can't beat? Really? Two TOP guys, each having beaten a former champion in Hendricks? Oh, how terrible, he won't enter the UFC and beat champions in his debut!

Wow.

And Colby Covington? Come on, son. Try harder. You're not even making an effort to be reasonable. For whatever reason, you've got something against Page. That's on you. Honestly, I'm indifferent to the guy, but I'm not foolish enough to be running around acting like the dude is a neophyte that's going to be brutalized by drunken fans in the audience.

Don't insult yourself by pretending he didn't drop facts on you.

Tell me at what point Page was in serious danger during the Cyborg fight? The fight in which he literally shattered a man's skull?

And nothing to suggest he'd be successful in the UFC? Here's a counter for you: There's nothing to suggest he wouldn't.

11-0. 10 finishes.

In case you're uncertain of what that means, it means he hasn't failed yet, which is more than the vast majority of UFC signings can say.

You want to list guys like Kelvin and Story as examples of guys he can't beat? Really? Two TOP guys, each having beaten a former champion in Hendricks? Oh, how terrible, he won't enter the UFC and beat champions in his debut!

Wow.

And Colby Covington? Come on, son. Try harder. You're not even making an effort to be reasonable. For whatever reason, you've got something against Page. That's on you. Honestly, I'm indifferent to the guy, but I'm not foolish enough to be running around acting like the dude is a neophyte that's going to be brutalized by drunken fans in the audience.
Wow, why are you taking this so personal? Cyborg is a can, anybody can do serious damage to their opponent if they're in a mismatch. Gunnar would absolutely molest him.

Na hed rather keep fighting cans and keep his undefeated record

the new white hope wonderboy.
White hope...wtf...I didn't hear anybody call wood the new black hope.
We are blessed to see a true A-level athlete in MMA because MVP grew up in the UK. If he was American, he would've become a cornerback/WR.
what even gave you this idea, I've never seen his vertical,three cone, 40..... all these ppl need to go back to the coli

Last edited:
Numbers wise it's right up there, if we're talking transfers alone and not talent from a UFC bought company, or normal free agents. Transfers are rare in mma, so maybe that's a misleading word.

Page is very talented, but not the best fighter to switch from another org. Sakurai was proven and top tier when he switched over from Shooto for a one-off to fight Hughes, but that was a different time. As was Alvarez, but MVP probably has more fans.

Bring him over, I wanna see him put a hole in Woodleys forehead.

Biggest transfer in MMA history? Lolwat

Up to this point he has been a flashy can crusher.

He hasn't seen any adversity and we don't know what he is like when legitimately challenged. Don't know anything about his heart.

Dana White will pull a Florentino Perez

It will be like Figo going to Real Madrid

The problem I have with MVP is that his chin hasn't been tested yet and we all know that UK has a glass chin epidemic with Amir Khan and David Price being the worst examples but there are many more cases as shown by this video:

Him and Liam McGeary would both be top contenders if they ever made the move to UFC

Let him fight some actual contenders in Bellator first, maybe ? Cyborg was his biggest challenge.

he won't come to UFC. Like Asskren there name isn't as big inside the UFC

I want to see Askrens' beautiful flowing locks,honeyed singing voice and dominant wrestling within the octagon.

idiotic, page destroys lawler. If you cant see that i don't know what to say to you. He would struggle with good grappler's like maia. But he destroys all fighters whose skillset is largely standup, yes including the new white hope wonderboy, who is way to hittable.

I don't understand how you can call the #1 WW contender the great white hope opposed to Page who fights cans and his best win is a shot Cyborg.

Back