If McGregor loses the rematch

I don't think so... I'm pretty sure the contract is written & will stand.

According to Mac, it is a 10 fight 100 million dollar contract. (not sure which was the 1st fight on that contract though)

I'm sure that includes a cut of the PPV though, so if his PPV numbers go down, that will equate to a pay cut.

Well he'll have a contract stating how much he is paid. They won't be able to just lower his contracted pay. If he is paid extra that is not part of his contract, they could stop paying that.

They can keep putting him in circus type fights to get the ratings. Like maybe he can fight Brock Lesnar next, then a handicap match against Rogan and Goldie, etc etc

If he loses the FW title too, then they may consider cutting ties, but I doubt it.

Diaz gets to force a contract negotiation if he doesn't like the terms later, the UFC doesn't get to do the same ;)

Yea i think they will offer lower salary if he lose now. But it will be more money than any UFC fighter on the roster anyway.

I'm pretty sure UFC has changed contractual agreements before based on fighter performances in the past I.E. terminating the amount of fights or fighters themselves (although I could be wrong on this)

Also, I do believe there have been times where fighters have not met their fight quota expected in a contract, however I'm not sure if it was penalty free when they breached the amount of fights they were obligated to do in the contract.

I don't think so... I'm pretty sure the contract is written & will stand.

According to Mac, it is a 10 fight 100 million dollar contract. (not sure which was the 1st fight on that contract though)

I'm sure that includes a cut of the PPV though, so if his PPV numbers go down, that will equate to a pay cut.

Well he'll have a contract stating how much he is paid. They won't be able to just lower his contracted pay. If he is paid extra that is not part of his contract, they could stop paying that.

Traditionally, the contract allows the UFC to rewrite the contract at will. One of the many things fighters have complained about.

I think the only thing that will change with another loss to Diaz is that McGregor won't be getting his way anymore. I think Dana says it's either defend FW or vacate. When you're smashing records and numbers you can get away with whatever you want. 2 L's in a row... Not so much.

Oh, You can be sure that the contract has an easy out written into it for UFC.

Depends on what his PPV numbers are after. He gets paid what he does because of that, not because of how often he wins. If his drawing power isn't affected, then his pay checks won't be either.

He'll still be big ratings at lower weights.

Translation: "Since he can't cut it against fighters his own size, I hope my fangirl crush goes back to the manlet division"

Nice try lad but regardless of the Nate fight, he is one FW loss away from irrelevance.

<13>

nothing will change I think in his contract. but his stock will keep dropping if he keeps losing

Everyone is stating facts ..and some dumbshit, But....Let's face it, UFC gonna do, what UFC wanna do, People will bitch, Then it all gets forgotten over the news that someone popped for a banned substance. The way it's all changing so fast.. who can say what's "binding" and "what's not" (sure, a lawyer..but there's always "let's negotiate")... concensus in 2016 is #fuckbeltsgetmoney ..and honestly... Isn't that where the grind supposed to get you?

Back