If Mcgregor lays Cowboy out cold & stiff

Then most of us will yawn, be glad this bullshit show is done for now and say on to the real fights.

Last edited:
what will sherdog say?

Cowboy has no chin left or Mcgregor has insane power at 170 because nobody has laid him out stiff like that before?

Cowboy has already been knocked out a few times. He's obviously pretty far beyond his prime and that's not a "get it in now before Conor wins" situation. People have been saying it for years. Going into every fight for the last few years with his age and mileage over his head.

Conor knocking out Cowboy is what is supposed to happen. Nothing other than Cowboy winning this fight is impressive. It's a fight Conor is expected to win.

That’s also misleading info but I do get your point.
It’s misleading because Oleynik is also very handy in the striking department and a lot of his submissions have come after wobbling/dropping his opponent and choosing to end it quickly via sub.
Misleading? He's won 80% of his fights by tapout. Cmon man.

Well it will be the first time Cerrone lost a big fight and got KTFO...oh wait

Cowboy has already been knocked out a few times. He's obviously pretty far beyond his prime and that's not a "get it in now before Conor wins" situation. People have been saying it for years. Going into every fight for the last few years with his age and mileage over his head.

Conor knocking out Cowboy is what is supposed to happen. Nothing other than Cowboy winning this fight is impressive. It's a fight Conor is expected to win.

Yes I know. But I am talking about if he makes Cowboy go night night stiff and unconcious for a while, like a proper KO, Till / Masvidal style

Misleading? He's won 80% of his fights by tapout. Cmon man.
100% jei is right. Oleinik is a submission demon : Of his last 10 victories, NINE have been by submission. Every single one a choke or a neck-crank.

That tells you all you need to know really.

Yes I know. But I am talking about if he makes Cowboy go night night stiff and unconcious for a while, like a proper KO, Till / Masvidal style

Still wouldn't matter. He's fighting a dude years into a decline. I'm rooting for Cowboy, and the only way I'd be impressed is if Conor submits him. Which isn't going to happen.

Jesus, do we really have to break this down?
Mcgregors strengths are speed and a left COUNTER.
Now you want someone to lead with a kick?
Well done champ.

Hey genius fight coach extraordinaire, whats Cerrone to do then? Just dick-tuck and run? His best attacks are his kicks, he best use them sum bitches.

Right, I'm sure you were going on and on about how shot he was after his win over Iaquinta.
<YeahOKJen>

Right, I'm sure you were going on and on about how shot he was after his win over Iaquinta.
<YeahOKJen>

I'm sure you can dig through my post history if you wanted.

Like... having a good win past your prime doesn't mean you're still in your prime lmao

I'm talking cold and stiff. We have never seen Cowboy laid out unconcious for a while
Would be great if Cowboy came out, took him down, and put him in a triangle from the top.
We will see how hard Cowboy fights in this match.

"cowboy hasn't been good in years" and if cowboy wins they will say "conor hasn't been good in years."

Hes never been out cold. Closest is his last fight. Glad to see this at 170 since he kills himself to make 55.

Hes never been out cold. Closest is his last fight. Glad to see this at 170 since he kills himself to make 55.

Chins take dings.

I'm happier this is at 170 (as Conor has shown no notable power at the weight, even though only against Nate) than 155. But Cowboy is shopworn. An "old cold" knockout benefits Conor's station only in that his fans will celebrate it like it's some evidence of otherworldly power, instead of a knockout against an aging, downward fighter who is in it for the love of the game.

Wow Im shocked, NOT lol. Cowboy was owned three months ago and got beat up bad. I dont think he has anything left.

Hey genius fight coach extraordinaire, whats Cerrone to do then? Just dick-tuck and run? His best attacks are his kicks, he best use them sum bitches.
Confirming your lack of MMA knowledge of not knowing that kicking a counter puncher is the definition of stupid, you double down by implying the only two gameplans that can be implemented are to either kick or do nothing.
Bloody hell, how this site got a reputable name, I’ll never know.

The same thing half of sherdog will say if Cowboy gives Conny the stiffy treatment

Many on this site expect it to happen. Conor is the favourite.

It's actually expected. I want to see him tap Cowboy out or some shit, make a huge statement.

Back