If McGregor doesn’t fight Masvidal, he’s officially a ducker

Some of the haters are worse than the fanboys.
No way genuine Masvidal fans are delusional enough to think he is in the Conor sweepstakes.

What would be the upside for Conor? Would be a fun fight but I'm trying to imagine 1 possible reason for the richest guy in the sport who's at least semi retired to move up in weight to fight a random contender in a non title fight.

Let's be fair, that's like saying Jones is a ducker for not going heavyweight. Or GSP is a ducker for not moving up to fight Silva back in the day. You don't challenge fighters from lower weight classes, that's an unwritten MMA rule to make sure fighters don't embarrass themselves by basically stating they'd rather have handicapped competition than staying within their own division. Yeah Conor fought at welterweight twice, but one was a catchweight short notice story and the second one was him trying to prove something to himself after that earlier bout didn't go his way. Would be foolish to think the guy's a legitimate welterweight contender, he's quite small for lightweight even.

But I think even McGregor fans have to distance themselves from the idea of "fight anyone at any time" with him nowadays. Simply cause that type of mentality doesn't make sense to him anymore. He built a brand around it, but now that brand has gone far beyond this old concept and is too lucrative to give up just to avoid people calling him a liar, a sell-out or whatever you wanna throw at him. If he did follow through with it, that's something to be admired, but it's also kind of impossible to hold up being the guy eveyone across 3 weight classes wants a money fight against now. And I think McGregor will be both smart and selfish enough to only consider fights he considers both winnable and financially promising. Fighting some hype train contender a weight class above his range doesn't sound like that kind of fight, I'm afraid.

I don't think you can expect anyone to call out Masvidal or line up to fight him after a brutal, CTE-guaranteed 2-second KO. Not just Conor, nobody.

lmfao holy shit conor haters are sad and weird.

Yeah @GueseGuy is getting really desperate. He's trying so hard to push this narrative that Conor is a ducker, but he can't find a single example in Conor's UFC career.

He'd be the type of guy making a "Conor threw the dolly to duck Khabib" thread LOL

Yeah I’m talking to you!
giphy.gif

Let me hear it! He doesn’t duck right? There’s your call out!
He gets called out by half the UFC

McGregor doesn't deserve to fight Masvidal. Masvidal deserves to fight Usman. The winner of Lawler/Colby should fight Woodley . Well if Lawler wins he should fight Woodley. If Colby wins he should fight the winner of Masvidal vs. Usman.

McGregor should fight Nick Diaz.

Masvidal is a fight Conor might even win. Until Kebab is champ he is fucked

Yeah @GueseGuy is getting really desperate. He's trying so hard to push this narrative that Conor is a ducker, but he can't find a single example in Conor's UFC career.

He'd be the type of guy making a "Conor threw the dolly to duck Khabib" thread LOL
Lol I’m actually a Conor fan. Just more of a Masvidal fan because he was one of the first fighters I ever watched back at that SF Playboy event. Just because I think he’s a ducker doesn’t mean I don’t like watching him or think he sucks. He’s just been ducking for a long time. Look at the infrequency of his fights. Yeah he might’ve fought Khabib but he skipped A LOT of guys to get there. He still has never fought guys he should’ve like Edgar, Ferguson, or Cerrone. Especially wrestlers on his ascension to the FW belt. You can’t even deny it. He hasn’t fought frequently and he’s picked the right moments to come back into the sport.

you are retarded

lol mods not letting me reply to the thread for trolling, fuck you, how about stop people making these shit threads.

I got yellow carded for telling a spamming troll "fuck you" after the 400th Masvidal/Askren, yet they did nothing at all about all the shit threads. Not even a merge.

No chance. High risk little reward for Mcnuggets. He will get a TS when the brass thinks he has a high chance to win so they can slut him out to casuals again.

This and 145 is where he was good he hasn't proved to be too good at 155. Should stay away from 170.

you are retarded

lol mods not letting me reply to the thread for trolling, fuck you, how about stop people making these shit threads.

I hope for the sake of humanity that you're simply an angry teenager and not a grown ass man acting like this...

Why not? He fought Nate, a natural SHW.
He fought Nate at 170 because it was on short notice and Nate wanted 170, then Conor wanted a rematch at the same weight because he wanted the beat Diaz at the same weight and so there wouldnt be excuses about weight cuts. Now Conor wants to fight Khabib again and get back the LW title, fighting Masvidal doesnt bring him any closer to that.

Fighters get called out all the time from other fighters, and they dont care...but if Conor doesnt accept he has to be ducking
{<jordan}

The dudes barely got his feet wet at 155. I hate when someone calls out someone from a lower class, goofy.

Conor isn’t fighting anyone but khabib

More like Masvidal is so scared of Usman he's calling out alcoholic rape midgets

McGregor wont bless Masvidal with a red panty night. Nobody knows him.

Back