If McGregor beats Diaz....

own1997

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Does it finally end the myth that he wins fights because he's the bigger guy? Diaz, by all accounts, is bigger than Conor.

They are similarly sized. Nate maybe a tad longer.

And "if" lol. Love Nate, he gets destroyed here though.

Once again, beating a guy that had a 10 days "camp" proves nothing. It's true for McGregor, and it's true for every other fighters in the UFC

They are similarly sized. Nate maybe a tad longer.

And "if" lol. Love Nate, he gets destroyed here though.

Anything can happen haha. Diaz can pull guard and get him in a triangle choke. Stranger shit has happened

Nate is a tall skinny dude, wasnt he flying in the air when he tried against the true WW´s tho?? Besides, he will get crushed and get paid, Nate was asking for his red panty night for a long time.

Once again, beating a guy that had a 10 days "camp" proves nothing. It's true for McGregor, and it's true for every other fighters in the UFC

So McGregor gains nothing for a win lol?

It's about how he handles the size difference or if that is a factor at all. Often people claim that it's merely the fact that he's a big featherweight that wins him fights, now we'll see how he handles himself against a bigger guy.

Not sure how you figure that. The Diaz bros are always in shape. They love endurance sports and do it for fun. They constantly train BJJ as well. Those guys are total gym rats. Full camp or not, Diaz is ready.

geez.." well he only got a 10 day training camp waa waa waa "...here we go already....do you think hes been laying on the couch for 2 months eating potato chips?
I think not...they train all the time man....but i guess we'll listen to you cry that monday morning anyway...if Conor wins....sounds like your excuse is ready

geez.." well he only got a 10 day training camp waa waa waa "...here we go already....do you think hes been laying on the couch for 2 months eating potato chips?
I think not...they train all the time man....but i guess we'll listen to you cry that monday morning anyway...if Conor wins....sounds like your excuse is ready

Beating a guy that took a fight on a 10 days notice doesn't have the same value as beating the same guy that had months to train, find the best strategy, etc.

Deal with it!

I think the whole "full camp" excuse is complete bullshit.

When a fighter says, 'Yes! I will take the fight'

They are saying that they are mentally/physically ready to fight. That they are prepared enough to go into it and win. Did they take the fight on short notice? Yes. But they took it with the knowledge that they only have X amount of days.

It's like if my boss came to me and asked if I could have this project done by the end of the week. If I say I can, I better deliver or DON'T SAY YOU CAN.

Beating a guy that took a fight on a 10 days notice doesn't have the same value as beating the same guy that had months to train, find the best strategy, etc.

Deal with it!
While you may be correct, the Diaz brothers only use one strategy.
I think if McGregor wins (standing) then it will prove that he can effectively deal with somebody that has greater reach and a great chin.
If he wins after it goes to the ground then it will prove that his JJ skills are legit.

Back