If Matt Hamill vs Jones was a title fight.....

I don't think being DQed for breaking the rules multiple times right in front of the ref is a technicality, I agree that Jones is better but not with your description of Jones breaking the rules and getting DQed for it being a technicality.
A fight is not determined by what's written in a rulebook. A fight is determined inside a cage.

A person can replace the word technicality with rule and the context of what I was saying remains identical. Jones was a better fighter than Hamill, period.

A fight is not determined by what's written in a rulebook. A fight is determined inside a cage.

A person can replace the word technicality with rule and the context of what I was saying remains identical. Jones was a better fighter than Hamill, period.

No, MMA fights have rules. Jones broke the rules and for once he was punished for it.

If it was a title fight the ref would probably be more reluctant to give a dq when it’s a decisive victory like that.

A stupid hypothetical since Jones was conclusively a better fighter than Hamill and we're just squabbling over him losing on a technicality. There's no reason for a second fight.

Couture lost via a doctor's stoppage against Vitor Belfort in a title fight. Couture literally manhandled Vitor the other two times they fought though.
I can't remember Hamill's GNP enough to know if he could maintain control (which he could) and conclusively finish jones or simply ride him out and win technical decision in his best-case scenario

either way I'd root for that upset

Back