If Maia beats Fitch he can beat GSP

Leiurus

Tap Forged
@Blue
Reaction score
The only way is see Maia beating Fitch is by submission anyway, and if he does that, GSP is in trouble. GSP might try and do the same thing to Maia as he did to that annoying curly headed wrestler guy, but it could be harder and much more dangerous to grapple with. If he can sub Fitch.

Last edited:
I love Maia, but no way can he get GSP down and I think GSP can jab him to a decision like Shields.

And I actually don't agree with the premise that subbing Fitch=>subbing GSP. I think GSP is a freak who can just sit in almost anyone's guard and be relatively safe playing pure defense.

I don't think Maia will be able to take GSP down

Maia would be in easy win for GSP, and i like Maia.

he won't sub Fitch and if he does it means nothing. Gsp will stop Maia's average takedowns and batter him standing.

Silva had that rear naked choke completely sunk in and Fitch just wouldn't die, in the end Erick's arms gassed and Fitch escaped.

Fitch is a survivor. WAR FITCH!

No way Maia is beating GSP the only advantage Maia has is his better subs

I don't see how the Fitch/GSP jump is made. Does this mean Hendricks will knock out GSP in 12 seconds?

Maia CAN beat Fitch, I'm not sure he WILL beat Fitch. But that doesn't really matter because Fitch != GSP

GSP will dance around Maia, stop any TD attempts and batter his face in like he did with Koscheck or Fitch. He adapts to his opponents weak points and exploits them with great success.

yeah because GSP and Fitch have similar striking and TDD.

No way Maia takes GSP down, and GSP would tool Maia standing.

I know GSP's striking was not good vs Shields but I think it was more like a very bad day at work for GSP.

That kind of MMA math never works. GSP won't go to the ground with someone that posses a threat. He will keep the fight standing and strike his way to a UD victory. Unless Maia got a visit from some magical takedown fairy, he ain't ever going to be able to get GSP on the ground.

Unless Maia show some monster untelegrphed takedowns I don't see it. I don't know if you know much about the guy, but GSP isn't exactly about taking risks.

Unless Maia got a visit from some magical takedown fairy, he ain't ever going to be able to get GSP on the ground.

lol your all probably right about the standing and takedowns

but i stand by the statement that if he can sub Fitch he is dangerous to GSP, Fitch is almost unsubable. Really excited about the Fitch/Maia fight. Hope he does get a visit from the takedown fairy...... and the striking fairy. :icon_lol:

one does not mean another.
Maia CAN submit either or both with his BJJ.
That's a fact.

but GSP will stand against Maia.

it will remain to be seen if Maia will be able to pull guard or it might be a replay of Silva & Maia....

Maia is the best grappler of the bunch, but it doesn't mean shit if GSP is able to light him up on the feet and avoid the takedown, which he most likely will be able to do.

anything is possible but i struggle seeing maia excel in a division with phenomenal wrestlers.

Back