If Lawler beats Brown he'll have made half a million so far this year.

Resorting to referring to me as a shill is weak. Expected but weak.

Well, yeah; people arguing fantasy as fact will often use this attack, spend some time on a conspiracy theory forum.

One day maybe some fighters will open their books and we'll have a better idea of what they make; remember what happened when Zuffa and Randy were in court and Randy was forced to disclose? It wasn't quite the picture Randy was painting.

The guys shouting about fighter pay should take a deep breath and accept the fact they have no idea what they're talking about.

He's NOT pocketing all that money...

You forgot the cost of training camp:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/345416/Cost-of-an-elite-MMA-camp/
Manager/Agent: $25,000
High level coaches (grappling, striking, conditioning): $15,000
Dietitian: $7,500
Travel: $10,000
Housing: $10,000
Additional Training Partners (Five): $3,500
Rental Cars: $2,400
Food for Training Partners: $2,400
Flights for wife and kids to visit once: $1,500
Food: $2,000
Supplements: $1,000
Gear: $100
Rehab Sessions: $600
Massage: $225
Gas: $800
Taxes (18 %): $45,000

Total cost of training camp: $127,025
Main event purse: $250,000
Take home Pay: $122,975

$122k is chump change for a #1 contender and a top fighter...

MMA fans are so used to see the UFC paying its fighters peanuts, they think $122k is a lot for a top level pro athlete...

lol some exaggerated estimates. I'll have to see some fighters receipts before I believe half of that shit.

Then don't act and talk like a damn Zuffa shill...

Actual earning is a fictional concept? REALLY?

LOL, are you trying to impress me with fancy terminologies now? Dude, get off your high horse.

Dude, again, get off your high horse and stop being a nerd. You think I don't know that?

That's basically what was done in the article, in more details, except the writer didn't try to act "smart" like you by using complex words.

LOL, you're so smart, you should become a manager and show the fighters on how to they can better "control their expenses."

I encourage you to:

1. Get off your high horse
2. Stop talking like a Zuffa shill

It's remarkable what constitutes 'complex terminologies' when conversing with an oxygen thief.

How did that salary negotiation go?

Or is securing gainful employment step one?

Manager, trainers, tax, etc.

Yea that's called life. We all pay taxes and we all have expense's that relative to your life. I'll never shed a tear for a pro fighters pay when there are underpaid teachers, doctors, etc suffering worse conditions.

It's remarkable what constitutes 'complex terminologies' when conversing with an oxygen thief.

How did that salary negotiation go?

Or is securing gainful employment step one?

lol 'net income' is too fancy

He's NOT pocketing all that money...

You forgot the cost of training camp:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/345416/Cost-of-an-elite-MMA-camp/
Manager/Agent: $25,000
High level coaches (grappling, striking, conditioning): $15,000
Dietitian: $7,500
Travel: $10,000
Housing: $10,000
Additional Training Partners (Five): $3,500
Rental Cars: $2,400
Food for Training Partners: $2,400
Flights for wife and kids to visit once: $1,500
Food: $2,000
Supplements: $1,000
Gear: $100
Rehab Sessions: $600
Massage: $225
Gas: $800
Taxes (18 %): $45,000

Total cost of training camp: $127,025
Main event purse: $250,000
Take home Pay: $122,975

$122k is chump change for a #1 contender and a top fighter...

MMA fans are so used to see the UFC paying its fighters peanuts, they think $122k is a lot for a top level pro athlete...

this is legit retarded

a school teacher makes 50k

rent
car
tax
food
clothes
accountant

they pay school teachers 3k a year ZOMFG!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!!!

seriously neuter yourself and do humanity a favor. quit dumbing up the gene pool

First of all, thats not the price for EVERY camp out there. And ATT is one of the cheaper camps.

Also, for all that those fighters spend per fight/camp, they get BACK at the end of the year. Being an independent contractor means you can write off just about every expense as it pertains to your profession.

So everything listed there, can be claimed again at the end of the tax year.

Good lord.

Edit: If you don't believe me regarding the first part, here it is straight out of Thiago Alves' mouth. ATT CHARGES JUST 5 PERCENT FOR MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING

In the last two years it just has become so huge since we changed the policy for management and training fees for only five percent. So if you want to have top quality training and the best management out there, we are only charging five percent instead of all the other camps out there. Usually it's 10 for management, another 10 for training.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/1...-huge-since-lowering-management-training-fees

Back