If Korean Zombie actually won.......

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's say the fight dynamics were completely reversed and Zombie won by decision.
Did anyone really believe his style of fighting would beat Volkanovski?

Let's say the fight dynamics were completely reversed and Zombie won by decision.
Did anyone really believe his style of fighting would beat Volkanovski?

Nope. Vokanovski is too fast, athletic, has great cardio, and is overall very well-rounded.

Korean Zombie was never contender material. He is a very solid fighter but his place is fringe top 5. I see him as like an eternal #7 ranked or something like that.

His only chance would be a KO punch, but I would put my money on Volkanovski 9 out of 10.

He beats Volkanovski in my opinion. But of course, he’s a bum now that he lost.
Yep

He's almost as bad as GSP who lost to Serra, or Anderson Silva who lost to Ryo Chonan.

I hate bums that lose. The only good fighters in the UFC are Khabib and Adesanya. Everyone else sucks.

Shocking the same guy who got starched by Yair gets beaten again

I think his style, which is the same even if ineffective against this version of Ortega, is a hard fight for Volk. Volk could of course outpoint him like he did with Max the first time. But KZ has power and Volk is very short. Relies on getting in and out. When he gets in he'd face the power.

No mine makes sense but yours has no context or reason ?

Yours doesn’t make sense. KZ won 24:59 of the Yair before being KOd by a wild move with 1 second left. Last night, KZ lost for nearly all 25 mins of a 25 min fight. I don’t see how they’re comparable.

Yours doesn’t make sense. KZ won 24:59 of the Yair before being KOd by a wild move with 1 second left. Last night, KZ lost for nearly all 25 mins of a 25 min fight. I don’t see how they’re comparable.
Sonnen won all rounds against Silva until he lost.. your point is irrelevant. KZ is a good fighter but will never be champ

I think he could conceivably beat Volk. Safe bet is probably going with the champ though.

Shocking the same guy who got starched by Yair gets beaten again
I’d pick Rodriguez to KO Jung again, Jung is still garbage defensively and has horrendous footwork. Rodriguez would eventually catch him with something again.

The fight was actually very close, commentary brainwashed ppl like the Moraes/Aldo fight.20201017_152345.jpg

Doesnt matter, I know t.s just trying to make some hypothetical point but-

IF - ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas.

Vegas put out a bad opener ( but maybe by design). That was one helluva of an overlay. This was a close fight on paper and I even told a few sherdoggers before line came out that I would of posted Ortega has a small favorite. Zombie, already a huge popular figure, had his backers calling for him to just run through Brian. I just laughed reading post after post. One brilliant poster posted that " zombie was just on another level" then T-city. I love to come on hear and read dumb shit like that ( ....and I can say it after the fact cause I called him out on it BEFORE fight----- he didn't respond)

Back