If khabib takes down conor at the start of round 1, does he keep him down??

If Khabib takes down conor right away, does he keep him down the full round??

• Total voters

wigglestick

pess de gward
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright sherdog, the outcome of this fight should be pretty easy to figure out after the first round and possibly the first couple of minutes.

So lets see if sherdog got this right after the fight. I don't want any nuthuggery bias just honest opinion in this poll.

If.... khabib takes him down right away in the first round(within the first minute and in the middle of the octagon) do you think conor is able to get backup? I don't think so, I think khabib can keep him there the whole round and if he does conor will eventually gas or get subbed.

EDIT : Wow so far 50/50 at 12 each. I'm glad some people are able to admit there casuals and opinion doesn't matter

Last edited:
Yes but he will get takedowned again . Lets see if they make it to october 6th and these questions will be answered

Alright sherdog, the outcome of this fight should be pretty easy to figure out after the first round and possibly the first couple of minutes.

So lets see if sherdog got this right after the fight. I don't want any nuthuggery bias just honest opinion in this poll.

If.... khabib takes him down right away in the first round(within the first minute and in the middle of the octagon) do you think conor is able to get backup? I don't think so, I think khabib can keep him there the whole round and if he does conor will eventually gas or get subbed.

Yes and then gets thrown back again.

Yeah he definitely can. Khabib is not a finisher and although his top game is a nightmare, guys are able to get up from under him, especially early on in fights.

One takedown is not the end of this fight for Conor, Khabib should look to play the long game. This is supported by all of their previous fights.

No but Khabib can't even finish a sandwich let alone Connor so he still has 4 more rounds to catch the snoozer named Khabib.

If khabib can actually close the distance then I give him literally no chance of getting back up or even really defending the takedown. Idk why everyone forgets that Barboza has a much better ground game and tdd defense than mcgregor and he got taken down and held. Same with ianquinta who has much better wrestling than mcgregor

Not with that ARCHAIC closed guard of his... dude has the scrambling skills of a hard boiled egg.

069_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

159_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.0.jpg

joseph-duffy-conor-mcgregor-cage-warriors-39.jpg

Do you mean he subs him in the first round? Cmon how many legit fighters has Khabib finished in the first round, let alone finished.

Do you mean he subs him in the first round? Cmon how many legit fighters has Khabib finished in the first round, let alone finished.
No not in the first round I said eventually gasses and gets subbed as a prediction for the outcome, could be any round

He managed to get up from under Mendes, having said that, Khabib is almost 2 weight classes above Mendes, has top pressure like no one else, my guess is that Conor spends the rest of the round in the ground.

I am looking forward to the camera picking up Kalabeeb talking to Conor.

"why you no get up? where is jiu jitsu? You will be here all night. You have no hope. Where is boyfriend? He not here for you now? Maybe Floyd take your heart. That money has made you soft. You know what I must do to you."

No not in the first round I said eventually gasses and gets subbed as a prediction for the outcome, could be any round
Yeah I can see that. If he keeps getting taken down, I don't see him lasting 5 rounds.

if khabib gets him down in the first, he's going to LnP for dear life. he wants to wear him out over that entire round.

he may open up later on on the ground, but he's going to be cautious as hell in the 1st. and with good reason.

No. McNugget skewers Kebab or Kebab GnPs McNugget. Either way, there's gonna be lots of ground meat in the Octagon, LOL!

nope. it's all about the first 2 min. if khabib takes him down, it's over. if he can't take him down............. well

Back