If Khabib retired today, how would you define his legacy ?

BJ moved up and won a belt. That's a pretty great accomplishment for a LW.

I feel like GOATs need to at least try and do something amazing like moving up and facing a top 10 opponent or stepping in on short notice to fight a top contender or have a long title defence record or clear out a division or beat 2+ generations of top fighters.

Khabib's a top 3 LWOAT.

One word: inconclusive.

When an icon walks away before their time is up, the only question that will haunt them is "what if..."

He needs to beat justin and tony

If he does that I dont think anyone can deny or complain if hes ranked up there with the best ever. Right now at 2 defenses he needs a little bit more

greatest lw to ever do it.
The rest is hard to put into words. Having someone with so much potential, unrivaled by his peers leaving the sport at his peek because his current circumstances will be one of the saddest moments in combat sport history. Regardless if you hate him or not, i think everyone can see and agree he has the potential to be the greatest to ever grace the sport.

We know it’s a possibility and a rather likely one.

If he never fights again, how would you define him?

Top 3 LW ever ?
Best LW ever ?
Best grappler in MMA ever ?
MMA GOAT?
200-1.gif

Top 5 all-time and the greatest LW ever. He's lost one round in 12 UFC fights

If he retired today, he wouldnt quite be up there with the GOATs(fedor,gsp,jones,silva) because he lacks longevity at the top, although skillwise hes right up there with them. There arent many fighters that have revolutionized the meta, khabib is definitely one of those guys.

LW Goat, maybe 4th or 5th place on the P4P Goat list.

One of the best ever without a doubt and THE GOAT LW

One of the greats..not necessarily Goat..

He’s by far the LW Goat, anyone else saying otherwise is deluded. Depending on how the rest of his career plays out he’s could be top 10, and top 5 if he was more active.

You could argue he was the greatest lightweight over Penn but it wouldnt be a clear W. Certainly wouldn't be in the p4p goat conversation.

Back