"If Khabib gets one takedown, the fight is over" - This statement is 100% correct

Haha if you think Chad's ground and pound, guard passing, and overall top control is on the same level as Khabib's, you're in for a seriously rude awakening...
Chad and Khabib are literally like comparing a FW to a LHW relative to what people say about fighting Khabib.

Shut up about Sherdog they dont like you

<DisgustingHHH>
34 shit posts per day since less than a month join date. Maybe you should spend time watching more fights then shit posting on the dog. I know likes per post mean the world to you but your slacking compared to some of the likes per post Ive seen on here. Easy to rake in likes posting Conor hate on early threads. Id AV bet ya but Im guessing youve had a few accounts already.

Listen to me...

C-O-N-O-R

IS

N-O-T

Showing up for this fight.

He's too afraid to lose.

Write it down ;)

34 shit posts per day since you less than a month join date. Maybe you should spend time watching more fights then shit posting on the dog. I know likes per post mean the world to you but your slacking compared to some of the likes per post Ive seen on here. Easy to rake in likes posting on Conor hate on early threads. Id AV bet ya but Im guessing youve had a few accounts already.
I have a desk job<Fedor23>Nobody likes your posts bro it's a statistical fact. I don't care about likes but you are complaining about my posts when the board has factually proven my superiority to you. My 34 "shit posts" a day are more liked than you. Please stop derailing the thread now and take it to gay pm k thanx.

Conor's cardio has actually looked best when grappling is mixed in. His body is more suited for it than the high pace of striking.

Outside of getting knocked stiff, Khabib would probably be better of being a punching bag and gassing Conor out.

Chad let Conor get up with a failed sub attempt, had no training camp

You can literally watch the post-fight interview where Conor says during the Aldo promotional work he had to simultaneously do takes about Chad in mind in case he had to fight Chad.

Chad was always the replacement opponent in case someone pulled out.

You people are comparing apples and oranges. Conor has the better left hand but GSP has the better jab. That makes no sense.
Chad has the better double leg, but in reality that is all that he has over Khabib, because they are a different type of grappler.
The takedown that works best against a wide, bladed, karate stance like Conor, Wonderboy and etcetera is the single leg.
Therefore Khabib should have more success in taking Conor down. From previous fights of Chad and Khabib, we can deduce that Khabib
has the better top control, transitions, pressure and ground and pound.

Notice that I said should ^^.

While McGregor has not shown great textbook takedown defense as in sprawling, I believe the best takedown defense is footwork.
If you can keep the distance from the opponent, he can't shoot in on you. If you pivot and exit at angles, it is not impossible but it is very hard
to get the timing down to take a shot at a takedown.
Conor's footwork is the best in his division, so in my opinion he should be able to atleast buy himself some time and land that left hand to close
the show early.

There is no telling what Khabib will do in the fight, but he needs to close the distance. He usually closees the distance with the jumping knee:
CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

FarawayDistantBoutu-max-14mb.gif

Thus, leaving himself open to a horrendous multiple punch combination from a skilled southpaw counterpuncher (fitting right into Conor's attributes)
The other fighters back up and do nothing but back up. Conor has the timing and accuracy to shoot in that left hand as Khabib launches himself in the air.

In the unlikely event of him landing it, as the above gif shows, he could clinch up with Conor and take him down depending on how fresh Conor is.

That, though, would be the wrong way for Khabib to close the distance.

What he should do in order to avoid the left hand is shoot in on the ankle from afar:
KeenAmazingIberianchiffchaff-max-14mb.gif

And even though he doesn't get it at first, his will never fades and he will continue to hunt for the takedown no matter what:
HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

Once he gets it, the fight is far from over, but on it's way there...
J3ik9yX.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4ed78146013b3b4c40a6ec168d62f172.gif

giphy.gif

This is just something that I can't see Conor fight out of.

My prediction is Khabib by TKO RD 3.

It’s a great matchup precisely because they are so opposite and both so great at their strengths. The idea that the fight is over after a single non damage event is silly. Obviously Conor is more dangerous the fresher he is but it’s not like khabib drains everyone completely in the first. Presuming either guy can’t win is crazy.

It’s a great matchup precisely because they are so opposite and both so great at their strengths. The idea that the fight is over after a single non damage event is silly. Obviously Conor is more dangerous the fresher he is but it’s not like khabib drains everyone completely in the first. Presuming either guy can’t win is crazy.
Conor is pretty defenseless off his back. His chances decreases pretty drastically with even one secured td though he has an outside shot in the first 2 rounds.

Chad had great top control at 45. And wrestling. His double leg is much better than Khabib. Why does Conor win that fight by TKO, but has no chance in this one? Logically makes no sense..
Cbad went for a weak guillotine in round 2 after keeping top position most of the round. Hr also hit conor with some bombs, and cut conor open. Chad had no gas on 10 days. He went for the finish before conor was gassed too much to defend. I think full camp chad would be a different fight. Khabib had far better takedowns and number of different takedowns. He is pretty fast closing distance. Conor will get his shots, but that in no way msans he will get the shot that would 1 punch ko him. You cant say because alfo only took one punch as vonors only 1 punch ever makes him have 1 punch ko power. Anyone can hit a guy running in square and in the right place and get a ko. Stipe did it to werdume. Khabib has never been koed And had little damage done over his career. Its a tall task for conor to knock him out w 1 left. A lot of things have to line up. If he is off he will be on his back. With conors gas tank vs khabibs its not close. Plus khabib being on top lets him use less energy than conor. It will only get worse for him as the fight progresses. With khabib posturing up in tripod landing heavy strikes then restablishing home base so quickly its going to wear conor out fast. Conor has a chance.. It is.a fight.. Anyone can win at any time. 1 takedown does indeed spell the end for conor.

Both of the these statements, yours, and the OP are asinine and false.

My statement was meant to be mostly sarcastic, it is simply highlighting why the original statement was so ridiculously stupid.

1 Punch and the fight is over..

Fact..
Opinion.

FW-Holloway, couldn't finish.
FW-Siver, 7 minute TKO.
FW-Mendes, 10 minute TKO.
(2x) LW-Diaz, couldn't finish.
LW-Alvarez, 8 minute TKO.

If McGregor had one punch knockout power, all of the above fights wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

I truly believe if he has 3 minutes to work then the fight is over. Most of his fights, he gets lit up in the first then he gets them down and breaks their will. Second round comes and they get less hesitant to throw then they get the real bad mauling. The rest of the fight, they are in survival mode.

The only time the fights become weird is when he can't get the takedown. Gleison fight was a striking battle between two non striker.

The really funny part is going to be cunner looking for a out in rd 3 and his fannbois have to admit he doesn't have heart

Here's my thing, is Khabib all that different than Eddie? I'm not discrediting Khabib, he's superior - especially grappling, but they have similar styles and Eddie is a much better striker than Khabib is. Eddie also got stuffed on every takedown attempt. The only times I've seen Conor taken down was gassed vs Nate and vs Mendes. Being taken down by Mendes is in no way embarrassing, the guy is an incredible wrestler. And during that fight Conor was VERY aggressive throwing spinning kicks to the body. This is a very interesting fight and could be much closer than I think we realize.

This thread has nothing to do with their wrestling.

It's about top control and ground and pound, which Khabib has shown to be far superior at than Chad. When did I even say Khabib would beat Chad? Styles make fights ya know...
Far superior to Chad? I'm not so sure about that,

Back