If Khabib fought McGregor tomorrow, would that be the easiest run to a title shot ever?

Go compare records over the last 2 years between them then get back to me
Don't have to.
you are making way too much gymnastics to avoid the fact that:
Tony is your pick for beating on RDA..... Khabib already beat him.
You claim Khabib didn't beat anyone important, yet he just beat MJ, a guy who beat Tony.

Overall, you know and I know both guys are at the top.
But the fact Khabib is unbeaten makes him more appealing AND the top contender.

You can have all hissy fit you wish, but it won't change the facts I put above.

Lost to him before he was who he is now get real lol

Khabib on the other hand is the SAME guy he was when he fought Tibau.. Whereas Tony has evolved & improved
this is your own personal opinion which means nothing to me.
As I just pointed out to someone else (a bit modified to suit as a better response to you):

Don't have to.

Tony is your pick for beating on RDA..... Khabib already beat him.
You claim Khabib didn't beat anyone important, yet he just beat MJ, a guy who beat Tony.

Overall, you know and I know both guys are the top of this division.
But the fact Khabib is unbeaten makes him more appealing AND the top contender.

Who's he beat?

Rafael Dos Anjos 2 years ago?

But apart from that?

Pat Healy?

Darrell Horcher?

357797_recycle-crusher-soda-can-can-crusher.gif

(Seriously, people say McGregor was gifted one after fighting Porier, Brandao and Holloway)
Well McGregor went 1-1 against Nate Diaz at welterweight to get a title shot...

you do realise its possible to be unbeaten AND be a can crusher. they can go together.

"but hes 24-0" is such a stupid argument.

and thats the point, who in that list of 24 are opponents that make a title shot deserved?

How may currently ranked lightweights has he beaten?

4th ranked Dos Anjos
and
7th ranked Johnson

thats it
He has been matched up with 24 men, all have failed in an attempt at beating him.

Who did Conor beat to deserve a LW title shot? He lost to lesser competition in the damn d leagues.

24-0, 8-0 in the UFC.

You want him to go away? Beat him.

It's hard for these Conor fans to see someone actually earn a shot fair and square.

Probably one of the easiest runs yeh. Only ones who don't admit are Conor haters or people who just go with the Khabib circlejerk.

Khabib beat RDA (great win but that was two years ago so big * there ) and MJ (mediocre win). That's IT. Yet people act like he cleaned out everyone and the UFC is screwing him out of a shot. Reality is, he's TALKING himself into a title shot, but retards somehow believe he earned it. Tony deserves it 3x more than he does.

Tony beat Trujillo > Tibau > Thomson > Barboza > Lando (proven beast) > RDA

There's honestly TOO MANY people screaming for a Khabib title shot.

While Tony's resume is much much better, and I agree that he's far more deserving, Khabib is seen as the more interesting fight due to his style and there's likely more incentive for that fight due to his following. And while it's sad that this is the way it is now, Tony fucking blew it in his post fight interview after beating RDA. Guy basically said "Viva Mexico" and "that's it I'm done" instead of a big callout after a high profile win when the Conlan/Alvarez fight was a week after his. We didn't know at the time that Conal was taking 10 months off but it certainly fucking wouldn't have hurt his case. It's just the way it is these days.

Barboza vs Conor is my favorite matchup but he's behind both Tony and Khabib atm and has a fight already anyway

well no. McGregor won the FW belt beating Aldo and was meant to fight RDA for the LW title

RDA pussied out with a stubbed toe, and while McGregor went off and did his own thing with Nate, Dos Anjos then lost his belt in humiliating fashion on fight pass.

But anyway, why does everyone keep bringing up mcgregor. this is a thread about khabib, what is this obession with the ginger irishman

well no. McGregor won the FW belt beating Aldo and was meant to fight RDA for the LW title

RDA pussied out with a stubbed toe, and while McGregor went off and did his own thing with Nate, Dos Anjos then lost his belt in humiliating fashion on fight pass.

But anyway, why does everyone keep bringing up mcgregor. this is a thread about khabib, what is this obession with the ginger irishman
Because the original post by TS specifically mentions Conor as being someone who earned his title shot while Khabib didn't. Conor had never fought in the lightweight division, thus how could he earn a lightweight title shot.

Conor had the easiest road to a titleshot by far. 0-0 at 155 when he fought Alvarez.

Itd be the most 1 sided title fight in recent History. More one sided than the Conor vs Aldo fight.

Conor would have his face in a pillow after losing that belt quicker than he won it during a time when the division is flip flopping.

Because the original post by TS specifically mentions Conor as being someone who earned his title shot while Khabib didn't. Conor had never fought in the lightweight division, thus how could he earn a lightweight title shot.

no, i didnt say conor earnt his title shot.

I say some claim he was gifted it (in other words why arent those same people saying khabib would be gifted one if he got one)

This is it, if he has some really good wins, him refusing the Aldo fight may make some sense. The fact that he has one top 5 win, he should jump at the opportunity to fight Aldo for the interim belt. Say what you want but if he beats Aldo that is the best win on his resume by far.

8 fight win streak, you shut the fuck up you pussy ts

You must not have been watching MMA very long if you think it would even be close to the easiest run ever to the title

Hendo got a second MW title shot after beating

.....Poison Dwarf

8 fight win streak, you shut the fuck up you pussy ts

And Tony is on a 9 fight winning streak in 3 years, while Khabib's streak is over 4 years and 1 less fight yet people are still trying to say Khabib is the #1 contender.

Back