If Khabib does come back for one more fight, who would you like to see him face?

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Could a mod start a poll please?

Tony Ferguson
GSP
Michael Chandler
Conor McGregor
Charles Oliveira
Kamaru Usman
Other (specify)

GSP would be my choice as well, but it just feels like there's unfinished business between Khabib and Tony Ferguson.

Khabib-1280x720.png

Obviously GSP and I think most people would agree.

I think people wouldn't want a 40 year old GSP in there vs a prime Khabib. I think the Tony fight is the biggest question mark in his career (even many agree that the odds were in his favor), and if you're following his career, you can agree that it is the one fight that everyone wants to see get settled. I say just give Tony the shot.

Gsp by a longshot. If he can’t then Tony or Chandler f they are coming off a win.

Ferg or GSP at 180lbs, literally nothing else

Tony Ferguson
This and only this.

Why? Tony got beaten within an inch of his life by Justin. No need for Khabib to fight him anymore.
Nurmagomedov excels at pressure and grappling, both of which are countered by two things Ferguson is known for: cardio and his guard.

The fact that you don't recognize how the clash of their styles would make them fighting so compelling to watch is embarrassing.

A heavy handed puncher like Gaethje beating up Ferguson on the feet doesn't erase the above from still being an interesting matchup, because Nurmagomedov's style is NOTHING like Gaethje's style.

For years and years I wanted to see Khabib/Tony more than anything, as most people did. So I'd like to say Tony... but I can't help but think about how much less intriguing it would be at this point compared to the previous few times they were scheduled. Tony getting beaten down by Gaethje really took the shine off the matchup, which was always supposed to be two unstoppable LW's with ridiculous win streaks colliding. It's no longer the case. Not to mention Tony would be 37 years old with years of wars and a major knee surgery behind him- unfortunately it seems that his prime is over. And with the end of his prime, comes the end of the intrigue of this matchup.

Back