If Khabib beats Tony and GSP and then retires...

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
At 30-0. 14-0 in the UFC. Undefeated. Wins over GSP (past his prime), Tony, Poirier, Conor, RDA.

Where does he place all-time? Is he the GOAT? Retiring without ever tasting defeat over 30 professional fights is an accomplishment that should not be taken lightly. A decent list of high level victories, but probably not as many as some of the other contenders on this list.

If Jones is still undefeated at the time, he has to rank number 1 due to his prolonged dominance as champion and never having a true loss, but I think I'd have to place Khabib over everyone else, especially with a W over GSP. I'd probably put the list like this:

1. Jones
2. Khabib
3. Fedor
4. GSP
5. Anderson

No.

Guys like GSP, Aldo, DJ, Jones, Fedor, Anderson etc didn't get to the championship level and bounce two years later, they stayed there for years.

GOAT lightweight for sure, not sure about all time, probably DJ or Aldo tier, 4 defenses is not enough to be in tier as Jones, Silva, George or Fedor

GOAT lightweight for sure, not sure about all time, probably DJ or Aldo tier, 4 defenses is not enough to be in tier as Jones, Silva, George or Fedor
i would say the level of competition khabib would beat at that point would put him in the GOAT conversation, the lightweight division is after all the most stacked with talent.

1- Fedor
2- Jones*
3- Anderson
4-GSP
5- Aldo
6- Might mouse
7- Khabeep

I think I would agree

His dominance has been scary, but he would need another few fights to be considered as a serious GOAT contender

If he beat Tony and GSP, then won the strap at 170 and defended?

Then I would call him GOAT for sure

All the above are big if's!

Jones is a scumbag cheat.
This.

I just cannot respect Jon. He got caught cheating multiple times and the UFC went out of their way to create an exception for his PED positive tests. In addition, I refuse to believe that the UFC 'coincidentally' changed their policies to no longer release adverse PED test results until 'sanctions are accepted'. This just obviously creates a system in which they can sweep inconvenient test failures under the rug. And they just so happened to do it after Jones tested positive yet again for Turinabol in December.

how can someone that has been caught cheating multiple times be concider goat ?

He wont fight gsp,because he doesnt want to move up,dont blame him really he isnt taking and holding down gsp.

Khabib has a better record and resume than any fighter in the history of the UFC.

Two gold medals.
Undefeated as amateur/pro.
30-0 as pro.
14-0 in UFC.
Never down, never lost (only lost 1 round-even-in 30 fights).
No drugs, no controversy.

Who TF else can come close to this?

I think GSP would still be GOAT, after him it's a toss up between Fedor, Jon, Khabib and Anderson.
Pointless discussion anyway. No way to prove or quantify anything.

This.

I just cannot respect Jon. He got caught cheating multiple times and the UFC went out of their way to create an exception for his PED positive tests. In addition, I refuse to believe that the UFC 'coincidentally' changed their policies to no longer release adverse PED test results until 'sanctions are accepted'. This just obviously creates a system in which they can sweep inconvenient test failures under the rug. And they just so happened to do it after Jones tested positive yet again for Turinabol in December.
Exactly this. @Alpha_T83 nailed it.

GOAT, easily ... nobody has the same lvl of dominance in the deepest division, dude never knew struggle in the octagon, he would be 30-0 and his resume would be better than all the other GOAT contenders.

Now I dont think he would beat GSP, I dont even think he could beat tony, so stop talking about GOAT when the dude hasn't faught tony yet ....

I dunno about the GOAT rankings and all that.

I am just glad to have Khabib in the sport.

he has shown that he is a a truly dominating fighter. but part of the "dominant champ" bit is the consistency (and luck) to beat top contenders one after the other

a lot of champs talk about the mental strain of having to do that

so let's see where he ends up and how long he wants to keep doing it

it is awesome to have a champ that is a true measuring stick for other fighters. IMO - it is what makes the sport fun

Won a vacant belt against a lower top 10 opponent, and only defends it only 4x?

It's probably enough to leapfrog whoever is at LW GOAT today, but no, he's not up there with the other names you say.

Still, a great set of accomplishments.

Fighter Division Defenses
1. United States Demetrious Johnson Flyweight 11
2. Brazil Anderson Silva Middleweight 10
3. Canada Georges St-Pierre Welterweight 9
4. United States Jon Jones Light Heavyweight 8
5. Brazil Jose Aldo Featherweight 7​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal