If Jose Aldo and Anthony Pettis both win their next fights...

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
If Jose beats conor, and pettis beats RDA... this is my prediction on what is going to happen:

pettis beats RDA in march
aldo beats conor in may

FW will be cleaned out so the superfight wont be holding up the division.
LW: khabib vs cerrone is most likely going to be the next title eliminator and that will most likely happen in june since that's when khabib will be healed up.

I think the UFC will just go ahead and announce the superfight before the khabib vs cerrone even happens.

pettis vs aldo in august/september

this is my dream fight, which is why i like speculating about this :D

I'd love to see them fight, but Pettis got too much work in his division, and there are some contenders in the foreseeable future, too.

Pettis doesnt deserve any superfights. Unless Aldo is moving up to LW to stay, Cowboy and Khabib both deserve to fight Pettis first

Superfights just don't happen (very often). Only once in UFC history (Penn v. GSP).

Superfight = champion who cleaned out div v. champion who cleaned out div. (approx).

Superfights just don't happen (very often). Only once in UFC history (Penn v. GSP).

Superfight = champion who cleaned out div v. champion who cleaned out div. (approx).

Interesting question, would Jones vs. Cain be a superfight shall the latter unify hw belts? Cain won't have technically cleared out the division but there isn't much.

I think Aldo is too small for Lightweight. The dude is only 5'7. Imagine him going against a 6'1 Cerrone or a Tibau?!

Nice try man..

This happens all the time..

I post something making my prediction of the future, and not 10-15 minutes later some guy makes a thread saying what I said. The only problem is Aldo's last superfight opponent has more then proven he deserves a we one crack. That fight makes more sense.

Aldo = 10 title defenses

Pettis= 1 title defense

There is absolutely no reason for this fight to happen, unless Aldo just wants to move up and take the title.

Pettis had his chance to fight Aldo and blew it.

Its a possibility. They were already set to fight at UFC 163 but Pettis got injured. Would be a really fun fight.

Pettis would win this fight easily I don't see the big deal about this fight

Nah, I'd say let Pettis fight the potential Khabib/Cerrone winner. Let Aldo rematch Frankie, and then if they are both still champs at that point then the timing would be perfect for the superfight. I think Pettis/Khabib is an interesting fight as would be the Aldo/Frankie rematch. To me Frankie has looked better than ever in his last couple of fights, although that fight against the carcass of BJ Penn probably shouldn't count.

Pettis is an offensive powerhouse but doesn't fight well off the back foot, I see Aldo walking him down and boxing him up.

I count super fights as two huge names from different weight classes/orgs fighting.

Thats the only superfight left.

Aldo v Pettis book it for late 2015

The more likely scenario, Pettis beats RDA, proceeds to sit out another 16 months due to injury. He's stripped of the title and Aldo moves up to fight the winner of Cowboy/Eagle for the vacant belt.

Back