If Jones went up to fight people his size...

Jones isn't too big for the division... most of the other fighters in the division are too small.

There aren't many guys in the fight world that are athletic and 220+. This keeps the LHW and HW divisions thin on talent. It makes for an easier path to a title shot for natural large MWs to fight in the heavier division. Since there are even fewer 240+ athletic guys out there, Large LHWs have a better chance at a title shot and more $$$ in the more prominent division. So, it keeps the LHW division naturally depleted of Large LHWs.

The fact that nearly all of Jones recent opponents save Glover/Gus are now fighting at MW or have seriously considered it says plenty.

all you guys arguing about how much another man walks around at, sound like creepers

So he is smaller because he is shorter???
Are people aware that these athletes are weighed?

Are people really this dumb?

There are people on here legitimately think that George Roop is bigger than Hector Lombard.

so many ppl with no sense of logic.

they both weigh basically the same.

yet one is obviously taller and longer.

who's bigger? "errr duuuh ummm its called weight classes not height classes"
Yes, people like you. You are arguing for height and weight divisions, oh sorry, classes. (Are you really arguing over the use of division v class?)

So, Jones should only fight guys that are exactly as tall as him and have the same reach. And the same weight. Any other guidelines you want to add? Add in a leg reach class? neck measurements? chest measurements, after all, it could be really hard to lockup a body lock on a really, really big guy.

This thread is dumb.

Jones is fighting people his size, have you looked his skinny legs? He is just good, soon people will start talking he is a can crusher...

You know what there isn't enough of? Colored text and resized text. Also, not enough Jones conversation.

Dude is a great LHW who won't move up because he knows he'll be smashed. Bottom line.

I don't like jones but people need to quit being pussies. He makes weight. End of story

You have a very skewed perspective of how big Jon Jones is. Travis Browne is bigger AND taller.

retarded thread is retard.

lol that is why it's called a weight class. if people thinks he's not fighting people his size because he's taller and longer, then the UFC should be making fights based on a fighter's height and/or reach rather than weight

Post a picture of Jones legs. Those aren't heavyweight legs.

The haters are all
See-No-Evil-Know-No-Evil.jpg

when you mention Jones having the smallest lower body in LHW

I am an idiot, you're saying to my face that Jones is not bigger than his opponents. You tried saying Glover is larger because of his torso. That's your argument. When you have Striker Analysis saying Jones size plays a big part in his winning abilities you are obviously bigger than your opponents. Your argument just gets weaker with every comment you post :icon_chee:icon_chee

Just stop man, you're making yourself look stupider every post

lol that is why it's called a weight class. if people thinks he's not fighting people his size because he's taller and longer, then the UFC should be making fights based on a fighter's height and/or reach rather than weight

ditto

Whats crazy about Jones's reach is that even at HW he'd still have a decent advantage over some guys. Cain, JDS, and Werdum in particular. Although he doesn't use his reach by utilizing his jab and straight right, it's mostly about control and the ability to grab someone before they grab you. I don't know if he's going to have the same strength at HW. He'll always have his technique though.

Werdum is 232 according to Wiki, is that his walk around weight? If so, that means if Jones is 227 after cutting weight the day before he only has to gain 5 lbs of muscle and he'd be good to enter the division. I'd love to see Jones at HW, we could see what he's really capable of, I mean, with the exception of Gus, who has he really fought that gave him problems?

BTW. Why isn't there any talk about Gus going up to HW? He is about the size of Jones, isn't he?

UFC should do outlines of each fighter's body and match up the fighters that way.

This thread needs to be wastelanded.
edit: it is in the wasteland, right where it belongs.

Is that all you have? You insult my opinion than you resort to personal insults because you have nothing left to refute my argument. Don't preach if you can't back what you spit child :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

Your opinion seems to be that two guys on the same planet are made of the same biochemical building blocks and weigh the same amount, but one of those guys is bigger.

Okay... that's your opinion.

Unfortunately, your opinion is in conflict with scientific fact. So, yeah, you might try not to be so surprised that people feel inclined to 'insult' your opinion and to point out that the holder of that opinion may have something wrong with his opinion making apparatus.

Back