If Jones was asking 30 millions to fight Miocic, how much is he gonna ask to fight Ngannou?

Uhh. Without UFC, he goes to Bellator or Strikeforce (then UFC). Why do you act like the UFC has been miserable with Jones? People buy cards cuz he was fights on them. I can bet you the UFC has never seriously considered parting ways with Jones. They're too fucking greedy for it and he makes too much money for him.

And if Jones is so replaceable, why was he their second choice and eventual first choice to headline their biggest event ever?

Again, why do you want the UFC to pocket all the money instead of fighters? Do you just hate the ones actually doing the heavy lifting and taking the brain damage? Elite fighters are much rarer than promoters and Dana Whites.

i'm not acting like the UFC is miserable with Jones. it's the UFC acting like that. i never said he's replaceable, but he's definitely expendable. every fighter is because they only have a finite amount of time before their value takes a huge shit. when Jones headlined their biggest event that was BEFORE he racked up all these controversial wins. you think him beating Santos, Smith, and Reyes the way he did increased his value? nah, it went the other way.

you're totally wrong that elite fighters are much rarer than promoters like Dana White. Dana White brought the UFC brand and effectively the sport of MMA back from the brink of extinction in North America. if it's so easy to find a Dana White why isn't there another MMA org that's as successful as the UFC? because it's not true. Dana White is a savvy businessman whether you love him or hate him.

i don't know, do you think any of the world's richest people are browsing sherdog looking to condescend to someone about something that has nothing to do with the original topic?

oh, so you're not rich but you're gonna come on here and talk about how rich people are? the fuck do you know if you ain't rich? i need boots in this motherfucker the horseshit is thick round here.
like I said, it is only my business... And you are talking about the likes of Besos... Boy you have a very limited view... but hey, it is not like we will cross path so what you think of matter matter to me as much as my poop before I flush the toilet

i'm not acting like the UFC is miserable with Jones. it's the UFC acting like that. i never said he's replaceable, but he's definitely expendable. every fighter is because they only have a finite amount of time before their value takes a huge shit. when Jones headlined their biggest event that was BEFORE he racked up all these controversial wins. you think him beating Santos, Smith, and Reyes the way he did increased his value? nah, it went the other way.

you're totally wrong that elite fighters are much rarer than promoters like Dana White. Dana White brought the UFC brand and effectively the sport of MMA back from the brink of extinction in North America. if it's so easy to find a Dana White why isn't there another MMA org that's as successful as the UFC? because it's not true. Dana White is a savvy businessman whether you love him or hate him.
Yeah, fighters are expendable to promoters, that's always been the nature of the beast and why fans should want fighters paid more. And come on? Fucking Nate Diaz and Masvidal are stars, don't give me the "oh, Jones' star power might be waning after a couple gift decisions when double digit loss journeyman are still PPV draws." And if Dana is as great a promoter as you think, then he should have no problem selling Jones...right?

And come on, the Dana White fandom is absurd. Let's be specific. What did Dana White do that specifically that saved the UFC? What decisions did he make that any other promoter in his position, with the backing of the Fertitas and a cutthroat matchmaker in Joe Silva, wouldn't do? The UFC is huge because they showed competency at times, were first, their competitors fucked up, and a bunch of non-Dana White reasons. More than anything, Dana White was in the right place at the right time.

the irony is you're the racist. Jon Jones is a self admitted drug addict idiot.

Yes, I'm the racist. You said Bones would be smoking crack in Central Park but for the UFC. I'm surprised you've lasted this long.

you don't support drug cheats then why are you supporting Jon Jones? half of his 14 title defenses were before USADA. as soon as USADA comes to town he pops in his very next fight vs OSP. he pops again vs DC. you don't know anything if you think he popped only once.

You don't have any evidence of that do you? I personally believe it is just as likely before the USADA period Khabib could have been juicing too (and many others if it wasn't being policed). It is all just speculation as you pointed out. It is also a sport where sadly the drug detection agencies are constantly playing catchup and I doubt they even catch 5% of cases. There was aussie rules player who was tested dozens of times and was raging drug addict (to point the addiction killed his career and not because he was caught). It is a flawed system.

The arbitrator in the suspension case determined he didn't intend to cheat.

I think drug cheats should be punished and he was for a mistake. But he did his time and got punished for it. It is much a harsher penalty than most people would have for a small mistake. In the scale of positive tests, they were pretty minor.

I don't think it deletes his success. While the fights are recognised as legitimate fights that is what we should all be judging them. Comparing the legit fights of Jones to Khabib it is obvious who is more impressive.

Which is balanced out pre-ESPN by the UFC getting a larger share from PPV providers and having a monopoly on all sponsorship for the fights.

You're not making sense. Obvoiusly Floyd or a top level boxing draw gets more money in absolute terms. But you're not explaining why they get several times more in relative terms. I also used Wilder/Fury as a comparison since that's in the JJ's neighborhood for PPV buys.

Look at UFC 200. The UFC netted close to $25 million after expenses and fighter pay. If Jon Jones headlined this card as planned, he would have made a couple million dollars. How do you explain that other than UFC lowballing fighters?

jon jones would of made a rew million which in mma is huge. jon said once i dont know where that his fight purse for ufc 200 would of been 1 million.

fury/wilder made more money cause the tickets were higher and ppv price higher than ufc event. that how floyd events make so much more money is cause they raise the prices alot more than the normal boxing event.

jon jones would of made a rew million which in mma is huge. jon said once i dont know where that his fight purse for ufc 200 would of been 1 million.

fury/wilder made more money cause the tickets were higher and ppv price higher than ufc event. that how floyd events make so much more money is cause they raise the prices alot more than the normal boxing event.
The fact that a few million is huge in MMA should be fans quite sick if they have any sympathy for fighters. And again, the UFC makes about 10 times as much in profit compared to their draw for huge PPVs. Explain to me how that should be acceptable to fans. I keep telling you: Fury/Wilder money isn't massive because of higher ticket prices or PPV prices. It's higher because the promoter in mma gets the lion's share of revenue, which is the inverse of boxing, where fighters get over half the revenue for huge fights. Look at how much Golden Boy got vs Canelo during there time together.

30 Million Plus PPV points. That's fair. Picograms or no picograms, the man is technically undefeated. Pay the man, we all want this fight. Don't screw it up you bald goof!
lol. Doesn’t Conor get $3-5M plus points? And you want Jones to get $30M plus points? Ten times more than Conor.

Sure right around the time Jones sells 15 million ppvs.

giphy.gif

The fact that a few million is huge in MMA should be fans quite sick if they have any sympathy for fighters. And again, the UFC makes about 10 times as much in profit compared to their draw for huge PPVs. Explain to me how that should be acceptable to fans. I keep telling you: Fury/Wilder money isn't massive because of higher ticket prices or PPV prices. It's higher because the promoter in mma gets the lion's share of revenue, which is the inverse of boxing, where fighters get over half the revenue for huge fights. Look at how much Golden Boy got vs Canelo during there time together.

the pool of money the boxers split comes from all the money made. that includes arena money merch sales ppv buys tickets solds sponsorships. so that how flkoyd took home 500 million from the pacman fight.

it not breaking nerws that combat sports unless your a super stars isnt the money making thing.

notice how the nfl profits are over 25 billion a year. amazing the owners keep so much money but in the ufc they keep 20 mill;ion and it bad?

jon jones cant cry about being in the poor house when he makes 5 million plus his words. just cause his brothers have more money in the bank isnt the ufc fault. if jon played football he have 100 million like chandler jones does.

UFC aren't going to pay Jon Jones what he wants for an Ngannou fight, and Jon knows it and UFC knows it.
Therefore -- this fight isn't happening.

Am 95% certain it'll be Ngannou vs Derrick Lewis next.

Jones is in a big huff now he feels "disrespected". Would not surprise me if Jones never fights again in UFC to be honest.
The only person who is talking Jon Jones round is.......Hunter Campbell. Those two get on pretty well. Dana doesn't really speak to Jon : it's all done via Hunter Campbell.

the pool of money the boxers split comes from all the money made. that includes arena money merch sales ppv buys tickets solds sponsorships. so that how flkoyd took home 500 million from the pacman fight.

it not breaking nerws that combat sports unless your a super stars isnt the money making thing.

notice how the nfl profits are over 25 billion a year. amazing the owners keep so much money but in the ufc they keep 20 mill;ion and it bad?

jon jones cant cry about being in the poor house when he makes 5 million plus his words. just cause his brothers have more money in the bank isnt the ufc fault. if jon played football he have 100 million like chandler jones does.
Do you not think the UFC doesn't get gate money or site fees? Mediocre boxing champs who sell 200,000 PPV buys or stay on network TV routinely make more than Jones. How do you square that with your worldview that somehow the UFC can't afford to pay Jones more when the UFC has had 30 to 40 percent profit margins the past several years and paid out a $300 million to investors becuase WME failed to go public? Or that Dana and the Fertittas got a $200 million dividend in 2007?

What would it take for you to accept that Jones and fighters are more often than not heavily underpaid? I'm guessing that answer is nothing would, since you seem to love shilling for the UFC as opposed to liking the fighters.

Do you not think the UFC doesn't get gate money or site fees? Mediocre boxing champs who sell 200,000 PPV buys or stay on network TV routinely make more than Jones. How do you square that with your worldview that somehow the UFC can't afford to pay Jones more when the UFC has had 30 to 40 percent profit margins the past several years and paid out a $300 million to investors becuase WME failed to go public? Or that Dana and the Fertittas got a $200 million dividend in 2007?

What would it take for you to accept that Jones and fighters are more often than not heavily underpaid? I'm guessing that answer is nothing would, since you seem to love shilling for the UFC as opposed to liking the fighters.

again jon jones was happy wit the terms of his contract his manager worked out for him and he signed it. before the fight on saruday jon joes wasnt talking about money. jon jones wasnt bring ip money when he called out izzy and stipe last year. the 2 times jon jones pulled the money card was the 2 times he linked to fancis fights.

see the pattern there.

fighters willingly agree to the contract they are fighting on. sounds to me jon jones has a manager problem not a ufc one who paid him millions and went out of there way to keep him out or prison. every day jon shold call dana and say think you sir.

again jon jones was happy wit the terms of his contract his manager worked out for him and he signed it. before the fight on saruday jon joes wasnt talking about money. jon jones wasnt bring ip money when he called out izzy and stipe last year. the 2 times jon jones pulled the money card was the 2 times he linked to fancis fights.

see the pattern there.

fighters willingly agree to the contract they are fighting on. sounds to me jon jones has a manager problem not a ufc one who paid him millions and went out of there way to keep him out or prison. every day jon shold call dana and say think you sir.
Fighters willingly agree to contract negotiations where they have no leverage against the UFC. Keep in mind Jones has been under a champion's clause for effectively most of his tenure. Free agency doesn't exist for him.

You also realize most UFC fighters are just unaware how badly they get shafted? There is a reason the UFC ironically used some of its profits to lobby state legislatures to change their laws so AC don't realize purse information?

Let me ask you this. Once Jones became champion, how would you have advised him to get more money in negotiations? What tools did he have to use as leverage? And Jones should call the UFC everyday to thank Dana for the fact that Jon has made the UFC tens of millions of dollars? Seems strange...

P.S. I'm assuming you know what a champion's clause is, right?

Fighters willingly agree to contract negotiations where they have no leverage against the UFC. Keep in mind Jones has been under a champion's clause for effectively most of his tenure. Free agency doesn't exist for him.

You also realize most UFC fighters are just unaware how badly they get shafted? There is a reason the UFC ironically used some of its profits to lobby state legislatures to change their laws so AC don't realize purse information?

Let me ask you this. Once Jones became champion, how would you have advised him to get more money in negotiations? What tools did he have to use as leverage? And Jones should call the UFC everyday to thank Dana for the fact that Jon has made the UFC tens of millions of dollars? Seems strange...

jon jones manager could of done a better job get his raises as he keeps fighting like ali does for his fighters.

the way jon gets more money is selling more ppvs but he always shoot himself in the foot cause he always getting arrested for drinking or being a long term ped user.

with out the ufc lawyer jon jones would be in prison. the judge said you better that god how good your lawyers are and saved you.

if jones wasnt the star he was he would been fired long ago and been in jail for years.

jon jones manager could of done a better job get his raises as he keeps fighting like ali does for his fighters.

the way jon gets more money is selling more ppvs but he always shoot himself in the foot cause he always getting arrested for drinking or being a long term ped user.

with out the ufc lawyer jon jones would be in prison. the judge said you better that god how good your lawyers are and saved you.

if jones wasnt the star he was he would been fired long ago and been in jail for years.

What leverage did he have to get raises? He probably did but they wouldn't have been huge. And Ali colludes with the UFC and has had fighters take pay cuts. He doesnt that because he has several fighters in the UFC. That's unethical and borderline illegal. All you need to know about what a piece of shit Ali is is that he's the only fighter manager to testify in favor of the UFC during the fighter pay lawsuit. That's rotten.

And inactivity hurt Jone's no doubt. Doubtful his other discretions did given Conor is draw and surrounded by sexual assault allegations.

What leverage did he have to get raises? He probably did but they wouldn't have been huge. And Ali colludes with the UFC and has had fighters take pay cuts. He doesnt that because he has several fighters in the UFC. That's unethical and borderline illegal. All you need to know about what a piece of shit Ali is is that he's the only fighter manager to testify in favor of the UFC during the fighter pay lawsuit. That's rotten.

And inactivity hurt Jone's no doubt. Doubtful his other discretions did given Conor is draw and surrounded by sexual assault allegations.

he still gets the best deals for his fighters he can. jon and jorge both cried about there contracts after they signed them maybe they need to fire there manager who both work for.

Back