If Jones only wins because of size and reach

Is there actually anyone who really thinks he only wins because of his reach...?

Kinda like how nobody is logically going to claim that Radhaf and Machisa are large lhw fighters.....Sonnen fought at lhw before, watch his fights against Babalu and Horn....not two guys who are known for being huge lhw's either, and I don't believe Sonnendwarfed either of them. He is pretty damn big for 185 though IMO.....

In anxious to see his cardio now at 205, to see if it is better than at 185.....he has awesome cardio at 185, pushing a relentless pace, save for the Bisping fight which I thought personally he wasn't able to quite push as hard as normal. I mean, he was able to Ross around Okami, Marquardt, Miller, Stann, Silva, guys who are not thrown around with ease by anyone.

Not taking anything away from Bisping, I shows how good his Tdd and cardio is, but like I said he ragdolled these other guys who have not been done that way before or since.....

I'm hoping his cardio and quick was will be an advantage, as I for think he will have the strength advantage he had a mw...I believe his strength will more than suffice though.

Are they UFC fighters?

Is there actually anyone who really thinks he only wins because of his reach...?

There are dumb people who think his length is the main reason why he is so successful.

It's not. It is his athleticism and wrestling background that helps him to win fights.

Rashad had a lot of success for his height and reach because he is strong and fast.

Edgar isn't long limbed and tall for a lightweight at all but his cardio, chin and speed helps him to win fights.

X only wins because of size and reach, is clearly absurd.

I believe those who assert that, may mean this:

-Less length
-More likely to be hit
-If hit more frequently,
-more likely to be KO'd,
-and therefore more likely to lose

^Now, you'd have to assume his durability is lacking.

Thing is, he'd still have his wrestling base, and fight IQ. Considering he uses his body type to his advantage now, perhaps he wouldn't even fight at LHW if he had, let's say, a 74 inch wingspan and was 6'1".

If that were the case then I'm sure The freakshow & Corey Hill would be in the run in for the Lw Goat, not teeny tiny BJ.

Jones is that good. He might be big for lhw, but he has to abide by the 205 limit like everyone else. It's not like Schilt in K1, whose main advantage is that he weighs nearly 300 pounds and has a 88 inch reach.

schilt literally IS ivan drago

You should ask your mom about the effectiveness of Jon's size and reach.

PS: I kid I kid

He IS skilled, and so are his opponents. He has physical attributes that he uses well and turns into advantages. It's part of the game, LHW is his sweet spot for now and there is nothing wrong with that.

What does that say about the quality of fighters in the UFC? Is the competition that bad, or is Jones just that good?

Its more complicated than that, jones wins with amazing wrestling unorthadox striking and amazing fight iq. He though is not a silva standard striker and his wrestling has been nullified before just rampage didn't have a veried enough striking game to take advantage.

Long story short his size is not everything but it is not anything.

What does that say about the quality of fighters in the UFC? Is the competition that bad, or is Jones just that good?

It says nothing, because that's not why he wins.

It's like saying that JDS won all of the fights he has just because of his knockout power. He still had to implement it.

He's also the best martial artist the ufc has ever seen

Cough cough gsp

Lol. I feel you. I think all the current champs are great.

Jones is the most innovative which to me is the definition of martial arts.

Not taking anything away from the other champs, who are all beasts.

Lol. I feel you. I think all the current champs are great.

Jones is the most innovative which to me is the definition of martial arts.

Not taking anything away from the other champs, who are all beasts.

You sir are a gentleman, wish all sherdoggers were the same can't argue with your definition my thoughts are that ultimate ma is the most well rounded. He is very unorthadox and wellrouded though I feel that this is being ironed out of him by gj.

I see people complaining about his reach, but not many claiming that its the only thing that lets him win, but it is a big advantage for him. However reach is not against the rules and it's up to the other guys to figure out how to beat him.

Back