If Jones is Tyson then McGregor is Ali

Jones ain't Mike Tyson and McGregor for DAMN SURE ain't no Muhammad Ali. Stop this bull shit for real!!

hqdefault.jpg

That may be the way history remembers it now, but I seriously doubt he was that loved. Winners are always remembered well, but that guy was a legitimate asshole.

I didn't say he was loved. I said he drew people to watch his fights. A lot of them were probably to see him lose.

And Conor will go the same way as everybody else. If he lives up to the hype, he'll be remembered as a great. If he loses, he'll be forgotten quite quickly.

Conor hasn't done enough to warrant comparisons to Ali. Not that I don't think he's a promising prospect, I just believe we need to see more of him and actually witness him win a title and look unbeatable, both which are possible. Though at the same time, he could very well be taken out. I say we hold our judgement until the time comes; he'll either be great or not live up to the expectations.

ali made you laugh and you were drawn to him. this irish guy is simply a very unpleasant human being. ugly is the word.

If you're going to compare domination in the ufc compared to Tyson would be Rousey. A shark in a thin pond. Jones doesnt have the aura of a Tyson/Fedor.

Besides being a very young champ, Jones fighting style isnt feared in that level. If anyone in mma has any aura similar to Tyson it wouldve been Fedor and then a pretty far second for a number of guys. I was partially there for both era's.

Im willing to bet half the posters here weren't even alive around the spinks fight, let alone follow Fedors career unless you were like 12 and knew about Japan mma. Most talk lately like they've been watching since 09 till now. Some of the opinions I see on fights I dont know if they're troll jobs or not that's how uneducated u lot are. Sorry to go a little Joe Rogan.

Last edited:
According to UFC brass they've gone through 4 Tyson's and 10 Ali's. Don't forget about the aliens and some new breeds of super humans.

Nobody is the anyone else of anything else.

Except Travis Lutter being the Michael Jordan of BJJ.

"Jon Jones is the Babe Ruth of groin pokes Joe"

I can not fucking believe people are seriously trying to equate Conor w/ Ali. Stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

please keep posting more Ace Ventura gifs in this joke of a thread

Back