If Jones is so great, why does he need every physical advantage?

because he was born that way

tumblr_mrphp50vna1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Name one "champion" in the UFC who said, "Hey, let me go fight someone (of any considerable threat) above my weight class!". BJ is the only one I can think of. Anderson fought at LHW, but the only one he fought there that had any sort of skill was Griffin -- and at that they both weighed relatively the same weight. With a few exceptions, most of the "freak shows" in PRIDE were mismatches of skill, so the size difference was pretty much negated.

Go back to your bridge, troll.

If Weidman is so great why doesn't he fight at LHW?

If Rory is so great why doesn't he fight at MW?

If Aldo is so great why doesn't he fight at LW?

You see where I'm going with this?

Jones is great because he has so many "physical advantages"; it is impossible to separate fighters from their "physical advantages" so it is impossible to judge them in such a way. Jon Jones is a great fighter. He is one or two fights away from cleaning out his division and becoming the greatest P4P MMA fighter in history. People need to stop whining about it and just appreciate this moment in MMA history.

Jarl

Asians also have an unfair advantage avoiding eye pokes.

I am not a Jones fan but the hate this guy gets is disturbing. He is the Light Heavyweight champ. He makes the weight and obliterates the competition at that weight. Why would he move up to impress a bunch of dorks on the internet. If he moves up and relinquished the belt we would be left with a paper champion and I for one am not a fan of that scenario. I want to know who the best is and while I'm not a Jones fan he is undoubtedly the best at 205 in the history of the sport.

Spot on post... Cain is the baddest man on the planet because he doesn't cut weight and fights whoever Dana White puts in front of him. Cain is Primal and he would take Jons soul if they ever fought.. He would break him down and make him pay for giving DC the "Suck it" sign.. Cain just doesn't give a fuck, he will hunt Jones and would be on him all night!

Cain would have to get healthy first...he's making Pettis look good right now...

I know this sounds crazy, but this Jon Jones fellow is actually pretty good.

Back