If Jones is so great, why does he need every physical advantage?

He should also cut off his arms just below the elbow so he has the same reach as everyone else.

I heard that Jon Jones sends his opponents iPads after his victories...

It just struck me this guy is allowed to make threads but I cant.

Ridiculous for many, many reasons.

Weight cutting is part of fighting sports--wrestling, mma, boxing, whatever. But JJ should his (apparently very easy) weight cut held against him?

Too much said already.

why does dc fight guys much skinnier than he is? why does he need that extra width?

I logged in for the first time in many months just to tell you that you are in fact an idiot TS.

I am far from a JBJ fan but you cannot deny his greatness at this point.

Any fighter not utilising all advantages they (legally) can are as stupid as you.

Another idiot that doesn

This thread would have made sense if it was about Rumble and you posted it 4 years ago.

Every great fighter has physical advantages. GSP and Fedor were super explosive, Hendo has his power and chin and Jones has his length

All the advantages he has he was born with it. He doesn't have a prosthetic arm or taking PEDs. Everything he has is natural to his body. If he got popped for roids or something like that I might begin to see the point.

Everybody cuts weight at lhw, many cut more than him. But yeah, he could move up to fight at hw, Randy moved up to fight Sylvia, and he fought a 270plus Lesnar while weighing only around 219. Jones is about 219 on fight night, so he could do it, if he wants to test himself. Aldo and GSP never moved up to fight, and Silva didn't ever fight the champ at 205, so Jones playing it safe and staying at the lighter division isn't shameful or anything.

So let me get this straight....

He isn't the great talent we think he is because he has all of these great fantastic natural advantages?

Whatever you say buddy:rolleyes:

He only has "all of these great fantastic natural advantages" fighting at LHW. If he moves up, he will have to fight guys way heavier than him and not much shorter. In that situation we would see how talented he really is.

ts is right

fighters should have same

height, reach, body fat%, head, neck, chest, waist, feet, hands, bone density, lung capacity...

i mean i dont some fighters to have unfair advantage out there.

Right if only he could've fought the former #2 ranked undefeated never lost a round HW. That would show he has nothing for the oh so respected and elite HW division.

Every great fighter has physical advantages. GSP and Fedor were super explosive, Hendo has his power and chin and Jones has his length

Yeah, but it isn't fair. Having a physical advantage gives you an advantage.

I have long advocated for giving harder tests to smarter children, and easier tests to dumber children, as it isn't fair that the smarter kids should have an advantage in school over dumber children, I mean what are we, Nazis?

ts is right

fighters should have same

height, reach, body fat%, head, neck, chest, waist, feet, hands, bone density, lung capacity...

i mean i dont some fighters to have unfair advantage out there.

Ya its cheating to not have the exact same physical attributes, in fact i think its cheating if you guys don't have equal martial art backgrounds too, why is Jones fighting guys who have been pro's for shorter time than him, he's totally cheating taking advantage of peoples inexperience.

He is also cheating by fighting older past their prime fighters and young inexperienced fighters.

He is also cheating by fighting shorter stouter fighters because of his range, and when he fought Gust who is an inch taller he was cheating by being more compact and thus being able to have more power per inch.

When he fought Bonnar he was cheating because Bonnar didn't realize they would be throwing spinning shit, and thus hadn't trained in it equivalently.

When he fought another previous HW in vera he was cheating because Vera was just drained by being at 205 which was Jones game plan.

Him fighting Cormier he cheated by out wrestling a 2 time olympian heavyweight because he was too big AND he had better cardio, Daniel didn't know jones was gonna push the pace so he didn't run as much, and its just not fucking fair.

Back