If Jones gets through Gus and DC is he...

At lhw.....no question, i think it's pretty much in place now.

Overall? That's a debate.....9 defences, pretty undone stem in career? I'm not certain since we're not there yet, but he would make a good argument

He has to beat DC, Gus, Anthony Johson and Lil Nog yet

GOAT?
I think so.

Until they start penalizing him for keeping his hand up and fingers open, no. He's abusing a system to protect himself and will never be considered goat, the only close fight he had was a consensus of "he won the fight but got his ass beat". Hardly a vote of confidence of GOAT.

GSP/Aldo will always edge him out.

Until they start penalizing him for keeping his hand up and fingers open, no. He's abusing a system to protect himself and will never be considered goat, the only close fight he had was a consensus of "he won the fight but got his ass beat". Hardly a vote of confidence of GOAT.

Oh my god just shut up you baby. The only way you can compare jones and GSP is if jones retired after the Gus fight like GSP did against Johny

Cross that bridge if we come to it, those are two bad dudes he has wanting to take his belt, and both guys dislike him.

Let me guess you were one of the 99% of MMA fans that ignored Barao doing the same tonight throughout his whole fight.

Fake outrage.

Yeah, I mean I'd have to say so.

If he could go and grab that HW strap, which honestly if he beats DC he has a good chance of beating Cain, he'll unquestionably be the best fighter of all time.

If he beats DC, he will be the P4P greatest of all time, without question.

There will always be another hoop to jump through for some people.

Anyways, there's not much worth in worrying about GOAT at this stage in MMA imo. Just pencil down the best of each eras and respect what they accomplished in their own time in that stage of the evolution of MMA.

More fruitful that circular arguments.

Yah that is if Aldo decides not to move up and reign over the LW division.

At lhw.....no question, i think it's pretty much in place now.

He is already the LHW GOAT, don't play coy.

It's not even an argument at this point.

On-topic: I'd say "yes" TS. His reign has been one of the most dominant reigns ever. Including beating 5 former champs. Even Anderson Silva can't hold a flame to that.

Back