If Jones beats winner of Gus/Rumble, who is actually next?

No Trollo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Looks like Jones has pretty much cleared out the division. The only person left is OSP and maybe Bader again. Davis got back into the W column but I don't see him standing a chance.

At HW, Cain has Werdum and maybe Browne. Perhaps Hunt is still in the picture seeing as he stepped in as a replacement in his loss. It is not looking like there is a variety up here either.

Is it possible then that we could see a Jones/Cain fight soon? Out of all the possible super fights across the divisons, this seems like the most realistic..

Has to be HW. Ideally Cain but realistically he fights a favourable match up like Hunt or Struve for the lulz which gives LHW time to build another contender.

Next fight after the Gus/Johnson winner probably won't be until the Autumn, maybe even a year from now. A lot can change and new contenders can emerge in that time.

Phil Davis, Rashad rematch, loser of Gus/AJ.

People act like his division is empty of contenders, it's not.

Plus, the division can change quickly in a year.

Look at Rumble and DC, they have both been in the division for less than a year.

Next fight after the Gus/Johnson winner probably won't be until the Autumn, maybe even a year from now. A lot can change and new contenders can emerge in that time.

I agree with this. Jones showed how little interest he had in moving up anytime soon in the post fight conference.

I imagine if Jones beats the winner of Rumble/Gus he will eventually have to fight the loser of Rumble/Gus and then maybe Phil Davis too.

Phil Davis, Rashad rematch, loser of Gus/AJ.

People act like his division is empty of contenders, it's not.

Plus, the division can change quickly in a year.

Look at Rumble and DC, they have both been in the division for less than a year.

No interest in seeing him tool Rashad again to be honest. And after seeing him outwrestle Cormier, I can't really see Phil, who has inferior striking to DC, being competitive against Jones overall skillset.

I think once he beats the winner of Gus / Rumble, he has pretty much cleaned his division out.

No interest in seeing him tool Rashad again to be honest. And after seeing him outwrestle Cormier, I can't really see Phil, who has inferior striking to DC, being competitive against Jones overall skillset.

I think once he beats the winner of Gus / Rumble, he has pretty much cleaned his division out.

So if he fights the winner of Gus/AJ and wins, you wouldn't want to see him fight the loser of Gus/AJ?

I want to see both fights.

Also, I think Jones-Davis would be exciting.

Davis has never been stopped, so I think Jones might try to finish him.

Plus, they have legitimate beef, so it would bring out the unsportsmanlike behavior in Jones that I enjoy.

There is nobody.
that's why this fight doesn't ring true with me.

Gustafsson should've waited for his rematch, which will probably happen in say, May given that Jones ended the Cormier fight unscathed.

Rumble could've fought someone like OSP to keep busy, and got the next shot.

Now, Jones probably has one legitimate fight left at 205, no matter who wins in January. So he'd better start keeping one eye on the big lads at 265lbs. Coz if/when he beats the winner of that fight, they have NOBODY they can sell a PPV with to fight him.

And for the record, I think he beats the winner and then gets mauled at HW. Those lads have reach, size and KO power, no way he's gonna have his own way with those boys. That'll be a bite too much for Jones, as dominant and brilliant as he is.

Why not the loser of Rumble and Gus? Just because one loses to the number one contender doesn't mean that they shouldn't get a shot.

I would rather see him matched up with loser of rumble/gus than anyone else

Nick Diaz, after he gets his ass kicked by Anderson.

It'll probably be the winner of DC vs Rumble/Gus. There aren't too many real contenders in the LHW division. Expect Jon to have to face Gus and DC again, and Rumble will be in there somewhere. Jon is trying to not only be the best LHW that there ever was, he's also trying to make the gap to try and reach him that much harder. Beating all of those men in a various amount of ways will do exactly that...IF he can do it.

Fuck it I say, start it right back over. Save the HW division from embarassment.

At least until Weidman takes that LHW belt.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There has never been a greater fighter than Jon Jones

He's going to fight Gus again, regardless of the Gus/AJ fight. There's too much money not to have a rematch.

Honestly, unless he fights Cain, If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Jones next 3 fights going to be Gus(rematch), Rumble and DC(rematch). It's lame, but I can almost guarantee it's happening.

So if he fights the winner of Gus/AJ and wins, you wouldn't want to see him fight the loser of Gus/AJ?

I want to see both fights.

Also, I think Jones-Davis would be exciting.

Davis has never been stopped, so I think Jones might try to finish him.

Plus, they have legitimate beef, so it would bring out the unsportsmanlike behavior in Jones that I enjoy.

This.

If Davis finishes Bader then say some fringe guy like Manuwa, I'd be OK with a title fight being made.
Even though he lost to Rumble/Shad, he has wins over Gus, Machida(?), Glover, Lil Nog(when he was only partially shot) & Bader(potentially).
That should get him into title talk at 205.

Back