If jones beats Gus and DC in impressive fashion he is going to have to move to HW

It would be a helluva feat. I think DC beats him, but we won't know until they actually fight. I don't think he'll go up. It benefits him to stay down at 205 for awhile. Potential rematches with DC, and maybe somebody like Rashad could loom for him. Maybe Rumble Johnson or a few others may emerge as a solid challenge. There could be a potential superfight with the middleweight champion, be it Weidman, a Lyoto rematch or someone else. He'd move up and be a top 5 type of heavyweight, but he'd have some serious problems with people like JDS or Werdum, probably even Travis Browne who is huge, and Cain would flat out wipe the floor with him for the time being. Maybe in another few years, at least a few fights after the Gus and DC fights. He's still really young.

Im sure by then the ufc will build up some good potential match ups. Should some one get hurt we're talking about a year

fucking white belts and your stupid prediction. After DC and Gus he'll have Rumble, Davis and probably new contenders

DC will beat Jones if Gus doesn't. TS is retarded. Jones will never move up, seeing as his sparring partner got smashed.

Only when JJ beats Daniel and Gus, then his move up to HW makes a sense of any sort.

What of he gets beaten by Gus? I think DC would easily won the belt from GUS.

he should but he wont, more money and wins

People had been saying GSP 'had to' move up to middleweight for a while, then he had his closest fight ever, and it was at WW.

New challengers will keep popping up, they always do.

really depends on how Rumble progresses.
if Johnson crushes Lil Nog and say 1-2 more top 10 LHW's, then that match would become very marketable.

Don't you mean if he beats Lil Nog replacement.

As long as Jones can make the weight no need to move up. People alway bitching bout fighters moving up in weight class.

Why? If he can make weight at 205 why go up? There are always going to be hungry fighters looking to knock him off his block. Plus the move up to heavy weight is a really big time move. It's about 35lbs at the low end, but you will have to fight guys who weight 260+. It's really tough to go up in weight in the UFC. It's not like boxing where the weight classes are relatively close together.

Anyway, Gus and DC both have great chances to beat Jones. I'm not sure why anyone would say otherwise. Why isn't it possible Gus fights better then he did in the first fight? And DC is a lot to handle, he may be the guy to dethrone him.

Jones beat Gus 2, DC, move to HW and super fight Cain, then become HW champion then JDS become #1 contender and Jones destroy JDS.
Reem become #1 contender and Jones destroy Reem.Jones become the BADASS and #1 mma FIGHTER IN THE WORLD, AND THE goat mma FIGHTER TO EVER LIVE.

jones will not beat both gus and DC. he is a great fighter, the best LHW we have ever seen, but i think DC has come at the right time, he has all the tools to beat him, people always talk about countering his reach but i think DC will rag doll him because of his low centre of gravity, i think he will beat Gus again but DC will be too much.

Back